Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
What I can't understand is how a billionaire accountant can be so foolish as not to reset the club and appoint world class operators to the board to spend your money well? He is just burning money on this club and going round in circles through utter mismanagement, the club has gone backwards and he has shown how deluded and how lacking in football knowledge is. His only hope of return is that stadium but we will never achieve anything until he runs it like a business that wants to win at every level. I suspect he won't, so we won't move on until he does.
I increasingly scratched my head over the status of "accountant". He is singular evolutionary offshoot for sure.

I'd rather have a FB injury crisis than a striker injury crisis.

Richarlison out for long spells and DCL being a practical no show has killed us.

Hopefully this owner keeps to his word for once and backs this manager. He gave him f.a. to improve this squad of tripe players and he owes him.
Thing is Dave, with a striker ‘injury crisis’ we should still be picking up points, as the big thing about the team Benitez inherited was the solid defence. We should therefore, in view of Benitez’ sit deep and hoof it up for Gray, Richarlison or Townsend have still been grinding out draws and the occasional win. Instead our defence is an absolute shambles and I tremble with fear each time we give away a corner. We offer very little up front even with Gray and Richarlison, due to the master tactician’s insistence on playing Rondon, who just cannot keep up with the play.

Should we risk a punishment and spend in January, will the punishment be worse than relegation? How on earth did we end up in this situation after spending the amount we have.

Feeling really down, at least in the 90s you knew the players were limited but also knew they'd fight for the shirt. Proper fed up now.

….we have to stay within guidelines as best we can as a points deduction will almost certainly see us relegated.

I'm curious as to why Benitez is the managers he's backing fully. Is it financial or does he just have that much faith in him?
Benny got the job because what he had done at Newcastle was stated in press release. The previous manager also spoke of lack of ambitions pitch side. Can see why this gang was kick into touch by Arsenal...

Should we risk a punishment and spend in January, will the punishment be worse than relegation? How on earth did we end up in this situation after spending the amount we have.

Feeling really down, at least in the 90s you knew the players were limited but also knew they'd fight for the shirt. Proper fed up now.
I would predict that braking ffp rules or whatever they are would see a points deduction next season.

Which is the season we then win the league but the points deduction takes us from 1st to 7th and out of Europe entirely in the process.

Because it's Everton.

What I can't understand is how a billionaire accountant can be so foolish as not to reset the club and appoint world class operators to the board to spend your money well? He is just burning money on this club and going round in circles through utter mismanagement, the club has gone backwards and he has shown how deluded and how lacking in football knowledge is. His only hope of return is that stadium but we will never achieve anything until he runs it like a business that wants to win at every level. I suspect he won't, so we won't move on until he does.

That is what we are doing now. We are resetting our ongoing losses to allow us to spend again. We will see if Brands (and Benitez) spend wisely.

That is what we are doing now. We are resetting our ongoing losses to allow us to spend again. We will see if Brands (and Benitez) spend wisely.
So is this the official plan? Not baiting or anything, I'm just curious as to how it all gets reset? will extra income be "found" from some form of "Sponsorship" will we write down our existing debt and re-start and how does that work and how does the FA view this if it is even possible?

At the end of this season doesnt our debt level drop and with new rules being brought in will that allow bigger spend per income ratio?

as far as Brands and Benitez spending anything we have, then it has to be a firm NO from all concerned surely?

The only problem is the rumours about DCL. I had made peace with selling Richarlison but do not agree with selling DCL. If we sell him we won't find anyone nearly as good. Even if we get £60m, you don't get a top centre forward for that anymore.

Brands should not be allowed to be part of recruitment going forward either. Why would you let someone who spent money poorly, spend more money. Benitez shouldn't be involved either. We need young players with upside not this obsession with PL experience.