2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are our lion hearts? Pickford been playing well, dcl was ok before injury as was doucoure, most of the others were hash fur the last 5 months of last season
Work it out, the clue is they’ve got history for throwing the toys out of the pram, our two full backs are prime candidates, do you think Richarlison is leaving it all on the pitch, has Mina been out for a surprisingly long time with his injury? I could go on, but, I’ll leave it for you to work out. Ask yourself this, do we look like a team where everyone is busting a gut for the manager?

This. What you do first is set up your defence. If the opposition can’t score, you can’t lose. Rocket science? No. You have to instill a mentality of “they shall not pass”, you defend like your life depends on it. We’ve lost that.
how do you do that, when you are forced to play Godfrey at centre back when he is still not right? He needs to be replaced, but we just don't have the squad.

Work it out, the clue is they’ve got history for throwing the toys out of the pram, our two full backs are prime candidates, do you think Richarlison is leaving it all on the pitch, has Mina been out for a surprisingly long time with his injury? I could go on, but, I’ll leave it for you to work out. Ask yourself this, do we look like a team where everyone is busting a gut for the manager?
ha. And you blame the manager for these gobshites? He's got to sweet talk them as much as he can, and then boot them as far as he can once we get to a proper window

But they were the same under Carlo…..

how do you do that, when you are forced to play Godfrey at centre back when he is still not right? He needs to be replaced, but we just don't have the squad.
What you need in central defence is a Ramos-type, hard as effin nails, make the opposition sh1t scared to come near you. What do we have? Keane, he’s like a lost puppy, absolutely gash.

No. It's just utter nonsense that we are all of a sudden going to be better magically when these players come back.

Pure desperation and blind faith while you ignore the evidence of 2 months without a win.
It’s not even blind faith, it’s just obvious, judge a man when he has had a fair crack of the whip.
I don’t want him as our manager, but im
Not so hate filled that I cannot see the facts

Its the defending that I find most indefensible. That free header in the first 5 minutes from a corner, can't remember who it was, just can't happen, yet it happens every game. You could understand it if it was the 93rd minute with players getting tired, but not that soon after kickoff.
Whatever defensive drills they're doing in training is killing us.

Matip. Godfrey lost him.

They could've been 2 up in 5 mins. Ended up 1.0 after 9. Within 10mins that game was over. Poor set up, poor prep, poor player mentality as they're probably overthinking all the stupid minute details Rafael gives them.

Was pulled up by the Spitter defending zonal marking. He said it works if you have aggressive centre backs or headers of the ball as he did it under Rafael. We have Godfrey and Keane. One never wins a header and the other is about as aggressive as a stuffed teddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.