2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're rock bottom of the current form table, we are in 14th on equal points and goal difference with the 15th and 16th teams, have won once in 10 games and have only DCL and perhaps Mina to come back from Benitez' first choice team.

I don't think we'll go down, but, it has to be said, it is a possibility if we let this continue.
Yep, it is a possibility, I just cannot see it. We may only have our best CB and best striker out but we have had both best MF;s only RB and only LB out for time over the last two months, coincidentally, when the bad run started, as well as Gomes, Gyls, Richie and Gray, all of whom would have improved the side at some point.
I am just saying, a run with a full squad and a coule of ins and then judge. Also, letting him go now wold be madness, who would come in and would they offer any more with this squad?

How do you work that one out when Rafael personally phoned and text Gray, asking him to move to Everton. Its been said that Rafael has been keeping tabs on him for 4 years, wanted to sign him for Newcastle.

Oh look Rafael makes a fantastic signing, we can't give him credit though.

Next time you speak to him, thank him very much for a very good signing.

Whilst you are at it, can you ask him if we will be winning a football match anytime soon.

Thanks

That's not what I said. What I said was that prior to Moshiri negative net spends was the norm for decades, and for a lot of that time we were a more coherent team than we are now. The last five years have been different and have, unbelievably, seen us go backwards as a club. Benitez knew the circumstances he was walking into, he has referenced them many times. He has also stated that 8th place or below "means nothing to him" and, bizarrely, claimed just this week that we will finish 7th. What I am saying is that £1.7m, on it's own, isn't a big enough excuse to explain what is currently happening. We look utterly rudderless, we can't score, we can't defend, we are a far less coherent team than we were last year. We have had some injuries, yes, but we pay Benitez an enormous amount of money to navigate is through difficult periods but he's not doing that. He looks lost. He is not the man for a relegation battle, he proved that at Newcastle.
We have had, and still have, our best striker and defender out (hence the scoring and defending issue. We will not know until a run with best players fit for a period of time and maybe a couple in. Judging anyone with the squad the way has been is just daft.

The problem is we have the orcs in the ground berating kenwright ect demanding they sack the manager. 6 managers in 6 seasons.

Some just can't get over Rafeal managing the RS over a decade ago and are baying for blood.

He's had no money and has had to use previous managers cast offs. Townsned and Grey have been great so far this season and they were both brought in by Rafeal.

I mean getting off after 20 minutes. Great fans.

The problem is we have the orcs in the ground berating kenwright ect demanding they sack the manager. 6 managers in 6 seasons.

Some just can't get over Rafeal managing the RS over a decade ago and are baying for blood.

He's had no money and has had to use previous managers cast offs. Townsned and Grey have been great so far this season and they were both brought in by Rafeal.

Oh god?

I have watched OUR team home & away for over 55 years & if I chose to leave after 20 mins rather than hear an opposing teams fans chant the name of OUR teams manager then that is my right & how dare you criticise my actions & that of many other fans.When you start paying for my seat then you may express your opinion

Yep, it is a possibility, I just cannot see it. We may only have our best CB and best striker out but we have had both best MF;s only RB and only LB out for time over the last two months, coincidentally, when the bad run started, as well as Gomes, Gyls, Richie and Gray, all of whom would have improved the side at some point.
I am just saying, a run with a full squad and a coule of ins and then judge. Also, letting him go now wold be madness, who would come in and would they offer any more with this squad?
Have to disagree, look at the players, our lion hearts have stopped playing for him and he doesn’t know how to change it. They must be looking at his tactics and thinking wtf he won’t last long. It really has to happen now, because, it will happen before the end of the season, our position may be beyond redemption by then. As Jim Reeves said, ‘he’ll have to go’.

How do you work that one out when Rafael personally phoned and text Gray, asking him to move to Everton. Its been said that Rafael has been keeping tabs on him for 4 years, wanted to sign him for Newcastle.

Oh look Rafael makes a fantastic signing, we can't give him credit though.
By whom? He was marginally less crap than he normally is, he ran around a bit, slowly, and then did his hammy. That hammy, by the way, may just give Benitez another couple of games in charge, the team will probably look a bit better when he is prevented to pick his big fat buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.