Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be ok with Lampard but he would have to have learned from what happened at Chelsea, as well as do what Moist did (with Ginola and Gascoigne) when he got here and bin off one or two of the squad pour encourager les autres.

Rooney would be too much of a stress experience.

I wouldn't be disappointed with Rooney provided he came with a plan and not be a yes man to Brands (he needs eradicating) and gets to be in charge of recruitment from top to bottom including the ressys

Lampard is the obvious choice. You need someone who demands respect in a dressing room in modern football. People's concerns are because he couldn't get about 8 new players to gel during a season where there were no fans and it wasn't proper football. He got top 4 with a team of young players during a transfer ban, in a season of actual football. Last season doesn't concern me at all, especially since Tuchel (who is an elite manager) straight away asked for an upgrade on the forward that Lampard had to use.

It would be a long term rebuild but at least he is someone shown to be willing to invest time and improve younger players. There are no shortcuts and there probably never were. Our only chance is signing young players and making them better, and also developing our own. That won't happen under an outdated, inept manager who is obsessed with experience.

Lampard is the obvious choice. You need someone who demands respect in a dressing room in modern football. People's concerns are because he couldn't get about 8 new players to gel during a season where there were no fans and it wasn't proper football. He got top 4 with a team of young players during a transfer ban, in a season of actual football. Last season doesn't concern me at all, especially since Tuchel (who is an elite manager) straight away asked for an upgrade on the forward that Lampard had to use.

It would be a long term rebuild but at least he is someone shown to be willing to invest time and improve younger players. There are no shortcuts and there probably never were. Our only chance is signing young players and making them better, and also developing our own. That won't happen under an outdated, inept manager who is obsessed with experience.
He also got Derby to within 90 minutes of promotion in the playoffs with a relatively young squad

Might be of benefit that he's been at Chelsea and hopefully realised now that it was too soon so might stick around if he brings us some success. SUCCESS that's want we want SUCCESS!!!!!!

Tim, you’re actually selling me on the idea

I would be ok with Lampard and at least he knows what it takes to be an elite player in an elite team, training at that level and also the psychological make-up that brings a winning mentality rather than the terrified plebs we have hiding behind the sofa every match. If not I wouldn't mind Karl Robinson, although I know he won't attract much support being from a lower league. Also being an ex Everton Youth player is bound to mean he makes a complete mess of it. I've talked myself out of it. Lets go for Lampard.

Tim, you’re actually selling me on the idea

I don't get the opposition to him at all. People seem terrified of giving young managers a chance. The man is a born winner, an elite player who won't tolerate crap standards in the dressing room. He got top 4 with young players during a transfer ban, after his best player was sold.

The main point against him from posters seems to be he isn't Tuchel. If that's the bar we are setting for a new manager, then I am afraid we are not going to find anyone.

I would take Lampard.
He is not going to get league chasing team come in for him. No doubt at the end of the seasons a few prem clubs will look at him.
He will need a 3 year job to make his name before top teams look at him.
But in all seriousness with him. His options are somewhat limited. Liverpool job is earmarked for somebody else. Utd won't touch him yet, a return to Chelsea is a defo no. Surely can't go to Spurs or Arsenal. No way will City take him, until he does something. We might just be the best option for him.

I don't get the opposition to him at all. People seem terrified of giving young managers a chance. The man is a born winner, an elite player who won't tolerate crap standards in the dressing room. He got top 4 with young players during a transfer ban, after his best player was sold.

The main point against him from posters seems to be he isn't Tuchel. If that's the bar we are setting for a new manager, then I am afraid we are not going to find anyone.
He would need an older, competent DoF above, someone who can provide guidance when things get tough.

But yeah, I get your point

Status
Not open for further replies.