2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think Martinez and even Silva had a better initial 3 month run? And you reckon they would both have held on their roles until the end of the seasons they were sacked in with a run like the one we're going through?
Silva had a hundred million to spend. and was given 18 months. shall we see where we finish this season on zero spend compared with Silva before we get rid of the current one?

No we should sack and ensure we don't get relegated.

Relegation is where the big money would be lost. A pay off is small fry.
Benitez is by far our best option if that is the priority. Why are you so certain that once we get Mina and DCL back we won't right the ship? I think you know we will, it's just your loathing of Benitez means you are screaming now for his dismissal cos you think it's now or never. The sad thing is you and other fans are playing Russian roulette with the club's future. There is close to zero chance Moshiri makes a good appointment if he gets rid, and then we really are facing disaster. A pissed off Usmanov who has had his choice forced out, then forced to find another one with no money to offer and a relegation fight to negotiate.

So Moshiri has given support to Benitez and says bad form is down to injuries and we will back him in January and hope to have a good 2nd half of the season.

There goes all the talk of him going anytime soon as I suspected.

The board wont sack him unless absolutely necessary for 2 reasons:

1. FFP

2. No decent replacement mid season

Dont be naive whilst we are 5 points above the bottom 3 they'll be thinking "1x scrappy win and we're 8 points safe and secure".

Just because fans arses are all going like the clappers doesn't mean the boards are who are just not emotionally invested like we are.

But that isn’t how it works is it? There’s two thirds of the season to go and all the other teams below us have games as well.

Benitez is by far our best option if that is the priority. Why are you so certain that once we get Mina and DCL back we won't right the ship? I think you know we will, it's just your loathing of Benitez means you are screaming now for his dismissal cos you think it's now or never. The sad thing is you and other fans are playing Russian roulette with the club's future. There is close to zero chance Moshiri makes a good appointment if he gets rid, and then we really are facing disaster. A pissed off Usmanov who has had his choice forced out, then forced to find another one with no money to offer and a relegation fight to negotiate.
Have you watched our defence? Is it not totally ridiculous that Benitez has underperformed so badly that relegation is even a discussion?

How do you know we won't get further injuries? Why are you relying on Mina who is never fit? Injuries are part of the game. We had only 2 unavailable last night !

The only people playing Russian roulette are those who put Benitez in place and those who are still backing him. You cannot support this manager and claim to be looking out for the club. I frankly don't believe that any Evertonian could still believe he is the right man. Success under this manager is an impossibility because you don't improve in a toxic atmosphere with zero accountability.

It is now or never for the club. This is very close to rock bottom. The only step further back we can take is relegation, and this manager will take us close to it. He is totally inept and his record speaks for itself. The worst form in over 20 years. Why is he being held to different standards? Is it because he is crap at his job?

If you read the comments below the line on the Guardian article, you can see an argument starting to form among the RS - "Our poor Rafael never stood a chance. Everton is a basket case club, the squad is awful, the fans are toxic". All the while revelling in our misery. Absolutely sickening.

On James -

Nymzee - "We haven't got a replcaement for James. No one in the squad can bring what he does to the side."

Kev50 - "yes we do. Townsend, 3 goals and 4 assists so far and we're not out of September yet."

So, you can't claim James as a reason for lack of points.

You were also advocating selling DCL to Spurs in the summer.
That's not the question I asked.

I asked do you think Silva (or Martinez) would have survived a dismal run such as the one we're going through at the moment?
yes, of course. Given the circumstances.

Nonsense. Everyone can see what a poor squad we have and the injuries we have. Patience is required, not yet more knee jerk lurches from one chap to the next.
No its not nonsense we have one player missing now who was replaced by our great manager with a bloke i could outrun. This squad is in better condition than it was last season (apart from rondon) and no don't tell me mina is missing as well the perennially injured centre back. I would also say 2 points out of 24 is far from knee jerk either. The man is tactically inept.

Nonsense. Everyone can see what a poor squad we have and the injuries we have. Patience is required, not yet more knee jerk lurches from one chap to the next.
Two draws in two months. That's his record. One goal scored in the entire month of November. No manager in the world should find that acceptable. No club in the world would not be taking a long hard look at a manager under those circumstances. Where is our next win coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.