2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He barely looked bothered when we were getting thrashed
It is inevitable that he is gone now, and he probably knows this.

When the inevitable happens and he is gone and is back to nights and events with Liverpool FC for their fans and the topic of his time at Everton comes up, you can imagine the wry smile on his face and raucous laughter from the mutants.

It is inevitable that he is gone now, and he probably knows this.

When the inevitable happens and he is gone and is back to nights and events with Liverpool FC for their fans and the topic of his time at Everton comes up, you can imagine the wry smile on his face and raucous laughter from the mutants.

Nice fat severance wedge without having to uproot his family afterwards. Dream gig.

According to The Athletic this morning key players are questioning his style and tactics. Wondered how long it would be before this popped up, so it will be "he's lost the dressing room" statements

They’ve questioned the tactics of five managers in a row. I honestly don’t know if the tactics are bad or not, the players can’t pass a ball five yards, they don’t run, they duck under balls in defence, they play opposition strikers in on goal. Tactics are out of the window. Every manager we’ve had can’t consistently get a bean out of these players.

Whisper it, but I actually thought Rondon did okay last night

Still couldn't finish a sandwich like, but he was working hard and gave them some issues
I actually agree. I remember one turn he did away from a couple of players, burst forward and played it through to Richie.

His movement was still poor, but I did think he seemed up for it for once yesterday.

I hope we do it quick. Just get it done. Get big Dunc in for a few games again and really take our time and get the right man.
Somebody who will come in, rip the squad apart and start again.
It's time for the clean slate protocol.

I actually agree. I remember one turn he did away from a couple of players, burst forward and played it through to Richie.

His movement was still poor, but I did think he seemed up for it for once yesterday.

He's been working hard the past couple of games

Back in the Moyes days a rubbish striker who ran his nuts off could have probably found his way into the hearts of the fan base (such as guys like Niasse and Straq)

However, him being a "Benitez Man" has probably tarnished any hope of that for him

He barely looked bothered when we were getting thrashed

After every game he didn't win at the RS he'd claim they should've had two phantom penalties no-one else could see.

He doesn't even complain when we get bad decisions against us. Rondon being dragged down in the penalty area against Brentford.

He could've made changes to chase the game in our last two matches but he just sat there on Sunday and tried to settle for a 3-1 defeat last night with a defensive sub.

He was never the right appointment for this club. This run form would've seen him sacked by any other Premier League side. It was a disgrace he was still in charge for last night's game. Just like Silva's last match the Board could see that humiliation coming.

I’m actually at the stage where I’m looking at the likes of Rooney and Lampard and thinking “why not??”. So I’m clearly at rock bottom here lol

If the board is going to back Benitez they need to make a statement to that effect and explain to the fans what the plan is. The lack of communication is ridiculous when the fans are in open revolt.

He's been working hard the past couple of games

Back in the Moyes days a rubbish striker who ran his nuts off could have probably found his way into the hearts of the fan base (such as guys like Niasse and Straq)

However, him being a "Benitez Man" has probably tarnished any hope of that for him
But Gray and townsend have endeared themselves. (I think townsend is very limited though). I know rondon is friends with benitez and I think he is possibly the worst striker I ever seen for us, the what appeared to be a total lack of effort in his first 8/9 games is the main issue.

I also think that if benitez hadn't spent the whole of August chasing him, and he wasn't on (what I read at the time) of around 90k a week, it may be more stomachable that he has been poor for us.

Well nothing, that's Brand's side surely?

A CEO basically does what the board of directors decides they do, so probably booking interview slots on Jim White's show and planning Moshiri's scouting missions to Monaco.
I think the first sentence says everything about us at the moment. Is brands doing anything on the football side? Is it Benitez that's running it? Who knows? I certainly have no clue who is running it.

Status
Not open for further replies.