2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's difficult to say, he's normally winning things rather than fighting relegation.

By 'normally' what do you mean?

Because in his last two jobs as a manager he has failed massively in China (went on a run of 2 wins in 16 games btw in that job), was fighting relegation at Newcastle and actually went down in one season.

The last thing he won was a Coppa Italia in 2014.

Lots of waffle here. All I saw was a bizarre stance of slating the players for not being able to zonal mark but not asking why are they doing it in the first place?

What set of ‘professional’ footballers can’t zonally mark apart from this lot? Literally Chelsea have swapped between man to man and zonal systems sometimes mid season under different managers no problem.

We are doing it because it’s a defensive system at set pieces that has worked for the manager at multiple other clubs in the past (Liverpool had a great set piece defence under him once it was in place) and lots of top European sides use it. It’s not difficult, it’s like saying the players shouldn’t be expected to know how to play 3 at the back. They’re supposed to be professionals!

This is the fundamental difference between us and why we won’t agree. You think these players just need some decent coaching and we’ll be fine, and you see the repeated failure as a lack of decent coaching. I see multiple managers all trying different things and all failing because these players will not be coached.

You’re good at saying what the players aren’t expected to do, can’t do, shouldn’t be doing. What should they do? What game plan should we be playing because I can guarantee at least one of our recent managers will have tried it.

You’ve got such a boner for ploughing Benitez that you’re absolving the Everton board and players. Yeah the failures of the last 7 years is nothing to do with them, just this one bad season of having one bad manager, I’m sure it will all be fine when he’s removed.

He’s literally on his way out as we speak and the witchunters are still burning every house in the village looking for him. He is not going to last as the manager of Everton yet an odd obsession remains. Peoples hatred of him has blinded them to the macro problems at Everton which will remain. Fortunately they’ll slap you straight back in the face when the new manager arrives.
They're all rubbish but Benitez has taken a sow's ear and made a pigs anus out of it. He's terrible.

What set of ‘professional’ footballers can’t zonally mark apart from this lot? Literally Chelsea have swapped between man to man and zonal systems sometimes mid season under different managers no problem.

We are doing it because it’s a defensive system at set pieces that has worked for the manager at multiple other clubs in the past (Liverpool had a great set piece defence under him once it was in place) and lots of top European sides use it. It’s not difficult, it’s like saying the player Shapiro’s bf be expected to know how to play 3 at the back. They’re supposed to be professionals!

This is the fundamental difference between us and why we won’t agree. You think these players just need some decent coaching and we’ll be fine, and you see the repeated failure as a lack of decent coaching. I see multiple managers all trying different things and all failing because these players will not be coached.

You’re good at saying what the players aren’t expected to do, can’t do, shouldn’t be doing. What should they do? What game plan should we be playing because I can guarantee at least one of our recent managers will have tried it.

Well they maybe can start being doing the same mixed man-for-man/zonal set piece defending which was so successful just last season. Just a thought.

Do not ask players to do something they can’t do. It’s the most basic of concepts.

it's difficult to say, he's normally winning things rather than fighting relegation.
No it's really really easy to say.

In the past he was good at coming into decently placed clubs and pushing them on with his scattergun transfer policy where he could afford to spend millions on tat as the clubs he was at could soak it up (he isn't the only manager to do that, and it works for those types of clubs).

Take that away and he struggles. He is not suitable for this job. Never was.

It doesn't matter if he gets a window, he has nothing to spend!

He can not work without money.

You think there is nobody out there because you don't know who is.

Does it count as saving them from relegation if he comes in half way through the season? I mean judging by the rules already set by you it doesn't count.
I was told he relegated them This is just not true. You want to relegate a top manager, and replace him with anyone. When the world can see we've got huge problems with the squad. Surely even Evertonians who don't like him can see we are playing with fire here, if we bottle it and sack him out of spite, there is a massive chance the other guy gets nothing out of these bellends and down we go.

he hasn't even had a window. He's entitled to bring in his own players, and be given a fair chance. This is all garbage. I wouldn't mind if there was a David Moyes in the wings, there's no-one. if we sack him, Newcastle will drop Howe like a hot brick, and we'll be left scrabbling around for nomarks, whilst Benitez saves them from relegation.
He has had a window, he's signed 5 players. What are you on about?

BTW, Galtier took a Nice side with Morgan Schneiderlin and Mario Lemina in midfield and 97-year-old Dante and that crap lad who flopped at Barca Todibo to PSG today and got a 0-0 draw. PSG with Messi and Mbappe and Di Maria up front.

Nice now 4th in the league (2 points off second) and joint-best defence in Ligue 1.

Was interested in coming to Everton.

Benitez knows the city though.

I was against him as I thought he was finished. I seen enough early in the season to have a bit of faith (Utd game)

He's hanging himself starting Rondon and being too stubborn to change.

The board are to blame, but once you lose the Goodison crowd. You're done for. Tonight I think he lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.