2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, anyone expecting us to lose, on either side of the debate. Why do you expect us to lose?

Injuries? We have 3. Mina, who wasn't available last time we played them (which we won). Davies, who doesn't make our first 11 but played alongside gomes and doucoure in midfield last time we played them (which we won). And DCL. Who was on the bench last time we played them (which we won) as had been injured so wasn't fit to play (which according to some posters logic on here means he was unavailable) (he did come on for half an hour but we were already leading at that point).

So we can still win games without those 3. And beat Liverpool without them. So why do you expect us to lose today?

Because the players aren't fired up/committed, well is that not up to the manager to get them to be fired up/committed?

It would be remarkable if this board appointed Benitez to then entertain sacking him after 14 league games - especially given the number of injuries.

Spurs held their hands up quickly with Nuno Santo but he was always very low on their list.

I'm of the view that keep Benitez unless there's any chance of relegation. Review that late January.

I'm also of the view that we should treat Benitez almost as interim and replace him at Everton's convenience/whenever any longer term manager choice becomes available.

He's defending the possibility of keeping a manager on for more than 13 games.

That's not 'edgy'.

And it's a fact that even if we pull of the impossible and win tonight, there'll be certain people on here right back in this thread saying 'get rid' either immediately or following the next loss. Because they can't wait. There have been people on here outright saying they aren't arsed about results, performance, FFP etc. - they "just want him gone". That's a fact, it's here in black and white.
I've just said he does it on every topic. That's a fact, it's here in black and white.

I've just said he does it on every topic. That's a fact, it's here in black and white.

And he's right.

Go through this thread - before a ball was kicked the same people on here wanted Benitez out, there was one person who flat out said he doesn't want Everton to win at all while Benitez is in charge. It is what it is. He's not lying about any of it.

It would be remarkable if this board appointed Benitez to then entertain sacking him after 14 league games - especially given the number of injuries.

Spurs held their hands up quickly with Nuno Santo but he was always very low on their list.

I'm of the view that keep Benitez unless there's any chance of relegation. Review that late January.

I'm also of the view that we should treat Benitez almost as interim and replace him at Everton's convenience/whenever any longer term manager choice becomes available.
Even if nothing else, keeping Benitez is an economic necessity for the time being.

The idea of him getting sacked tonight is a fantasy - though I understand why many who never wanted him want to indulge in that.

I think (hope) he has always been a bridging manager. A slightly longer-term Allardyce appointment.

Loathe him or hate him, I hope that the game starts (inevitably) with the RS singing for RB that it finishes
with us singing his name. There is only one way that can happen. UTFT's

Some fans yes. The vitriol from some is ridiculous. I’m at a mature age shall we say and I don’t like reading it.
Insults, name calling, causing negativity and others when you have opinion insult you because it does not suit their agenda. That’s what it’s like on here and it’s pathetic.
For the record he was not my first choice. The guy United have just email loved I wanted here 4 years ago and should have got him in summer.
The problems are higher up than the manager and the main culprit is Brands

At the home games so far the fans have generally been ok with the manager. I know on Sunday the tide could be changing but I think most of that was aimed at the players.
There is a fairly simple solution for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.