Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 1st December 20:15

Everton MOTM vs Liverpool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
6DEFF68C-2A9C-4E06-9A2D-77B3EE9DFCFA.jpeg

Hopefully Simms or Dobbin will get a run out at some point tomorrow. Given what has happened up to this point it feels almost certain that the manager will start with Rondon up top which on his showing so far feels pointless.

You just know Van Dijk is nailed on to score and the media will never shut up about it.

Heart says 1-1

Head says 1-3 them scoring twice late on catching us out on the break.
For them to score on the break, we would need to be attacking in a sustained manner. We don't do that anymore, even when we are behind its sit back and defend deep then a bit of kick and rush.

The only way benitez wins here is if we somehow get points even though I wouldn't have faith in any manager getting a result against this current Liverpool side with our current squad, the gulf in class is absolutely huge but somehow us losing will 100% be Rafael's fault according to some people

Doom and gloom aside the RS haven't won at GP since 2016 (Mane 95th min winner) and before that 2011 (Rodwell sending off). So it's not like they're in good form in this fixture (away fixture is where the bottle jobs come in)

So Rafael better pull something out of the bag.

Pickford
Kenny, Keane, Godfrey, Digne
Doucs, Delph, Allan,
Gordon, Richy, Gray

Literally can't believe I've put Kenny at right back but Coleman is just so bad right now.

Any sign of a pre match press conference? It’s usually scheduled on YouTube a few days before but nothing that I can see yet
Usually for a midweek game the preview is held following the post-match presser over the weekend, so essentially the preview with Benitez would've been held straight after the Brentford game and embargoed.

Goodison derby recipe:
- We're gonna focus on not conceding
- Great atmo is gonne turn rubbish after 30 mins of struggle
- They'll have a goal disallowed before half time and put everyone on edge
- No subs at the break
- We labour it through a long and boring game before eventually breaking at 70 mins or so
- We end up losing 3-0 by collapsing at the end

Usually for a midweek game the preview is held following the post-match presser over the weekend, so essentially the preview with Benitez would've been held straight after the Brentford game and embargoed.
Actually - just noticed that there's a presser scheduled for 1.30 today, so ignore that!

I thought that but all other PL managers seem to have had proper press conferences yesterday or today. I assumed it might have been a specific requirement of the Amazon deal that a proper press conference is held. No idea if thats right though.

Goodison derby recipe:
- We're gonna focus on not conceding
- Great atmo is gonne turn rubbish after 30 mins of struggle
- They'll have a goal disallowed before half time and put everyone on edge
- No subs at the break
- We labour it through a long and boring game before eventually breaking at 70 mins or so
- We end up losing 3-0 by collapsing at the end
You forgot Richarlison straight red after 28 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.