2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they should build some sand dunes at FF, so they can do non stop shuttle runs up them all day , whilst getting screamed at non stop by Ant Middleton ?

I’ve really got no idea why people ever go to university and study sports science and the like, as you seem to know more than all of them combined.

Simple question - would you rather 11 Doucoures or 11 Andre Gomes?

Andre Gomes is more talented with a football but tell me who is this better in this league.

I mean, their keeper made a save from Rondon with his foot but I honestly can't remember him making any other save of note.

Maybe I missed it when I was locked in the bathroom crying over what i was witnessing.

3 shots eh, that'll show the dissenters!!!
Well, 14 shots, 5 on target. But hey-ho.

Disagree there - so if a Norwich fan said Everton were no bigger a club because they won their 9 league titles and 5 FA Cups a while ago you would agree with them?

People talk about football "moving on" and "progressive" "dinosaur" managers but I don't buy that when all these progressive managers like Potter, Lampard, Frank, Marco Silva ever win anything of serious note in their careers.

Footballs a simple game - have 11x 6ft+ strong, fast, pacey players who can fight, tackle, press and pass the ball and you'll do well.

We have 4 or 5 players who fit that description so is there any wonder why we struggle under every single manager?

Keep Benitez and let him drain the swamp and rebuild the squad which is what I think the owners will do.
In all honesty, yes I would have to agree with any fan who said ours was historical, its a statement of fact. We are no longer a Big Club.
We were, historically one of the greats, that is also a statement based in truth.
Benitez record in he past is without doubt worthy of praise, but in the present most definitely not. When you look at his recent record.

None of those "recent" managers have any record to speak of worthy of note and none of them even come into consideration for me when thinking of Everton. But who is to say that Potter or Lampard couldnt do a job better than Bentitez current form?

and please dont quote 1.7 million in any reply as its utter tripe, fact yes, but worth discussion, NO

as for the rest 11 players over 6ft, what utter nonsense is this, sure the Likes of Messi, Heath, Andy Gray, Peter Reid etc etc would strongly disagree as do I on height being a pre-requisite for a Good Footballer.

and then you move on to MAGA quotes

nuff said

*looks through press to find Benitez about to be sacked stories....finds none*

Nothing to see here.

Oh he won't go yet Dave. He might even get the season (shudders).

But it's going to turn very toxic very soon if he doesn't turn things around. He's chatting utter wham at the minute too, and if he thinks he's still got the ability in 2021 to be a decent manager then he's going to have to show a lot more than he has done so far this season.

He can't use injuries as an excuse now. Come Wednesday we might just have DCL out who would be a starter. Maybe Mina too but we'll see.

He's put a lot of pressure on the injured players to come back and a) stay fit and b) be at the top of their games for the rest of the season with no rest.

Overall the media seem to be reporting yesterday as Everton players pulling their tripes out to get a result but lacking composure and a cutting edge to get a goal, the upcoming disaster against Liverpool, and Benitez's need to get players in January.

I think that's about the strength of the narrative in the non-GOT world.

Be nice to see everyone at the Derby wearing these when the rs get their third
download.jpeg

Benitez is either trying to get very best out of an extremely limited side and is personally blameless for the laughable showings we're getting week after week, in which case he's totally and utterly ineffective at his job and could be replaced by literally anyone and the worst case scenario is that things would jusy continue on the same as they are now but we'd be kopite free.

Or

He's playing a major part in this disaster with his stubborn refusal to alter his tactics even slightly, his refusal drop the worst offerenders in Iwobi and Rondon and his disdain for giving youngsters a match.

One way or the other, he needs to go.

I would prefer a blend of players, not an 80’s Wimbledon team.

Which is fair enough and I've not said different but you can be talented and also strong, fit, quick its not one or the other.

I dont understand how people laugh at the concept of having physically fit and strong players in a physical competition which is what football is.

Go watch West Ham under Moyes and you'll why he did a good job here - strong, fast, athletic players who barely missed a game through injury sprinkled with 1-2 good tricky players.

Give me that any day over 11x 6 stone pish wet through players like Benard and Gordon who get shoved off the ball with ease and slow tugboats like Gomes and Keane who can ran past like they are an 80 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.