Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a shortcut to relegation that. Reminds me of when Newcastle appointed Shearer.

Done nothing to suggest he’s anything other than a body.

Striker coach - yet we don’t score goals and you’d think there would be some form of tactically input after being under 7 managers now.

People seem to think it’ll go well, but we all know it is a disaster waiting to happen.

His contract ends 31st December 2021.
Gallardo could be the greatest manager in world football - if he could replicate his s. American form in European football - it would be crazy not to approach him if there's a chance. Scary time to appoint though half way through the season incase he couldnt settle here and it all went tits up. Wish we'd have got him in the summer,but you couldn't say no if there was a chance he'd come here.

Evertonians are known for their patience and their logic.

I don’t think there’ll be calls for Benitez to go at this stage. Yes we’re four places lower than we finished under the great Carlo Ancelotti last season, but most blues realise that you can’t be expected to achieve much when your best players are all injured for months on end. The injury situation has cleared up somewhat and against Brentford we were only missing our best defender (Mina) and our two best attackers Richarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin. But we were desperately unlucky. We had 61% of the possession, we had almost THREE TIMES as many shots on target as Brentford and we should have had at least two penalties.

The next two matches are crucial. If we cannot get results at home then we’re in trouble. I remember when we last won the league and the great Howard Kendall said something along the lines of “It was our home form that did it. How can you not win the overwhelming majority of your home games when you’re playing in front of these fans? They’re like a 12th fan. They encourage you from the first whistle to the last.”

I think it is only a matter of time before Benitez gets the boot as things simply cannot carry on this way, so who would everyone want. The obvious choice is Duncan Ferguson to the end of the season but myself I would like a young up and coming manager given a chance so my choice would be Frank Lampard who did pretty good at Derby and was harshly treated at Chelsea.
Love him or hate him (and I'm not his biggest fan) He's not, in my personal opinion, going anywhere soon...and if he did - who would the next candidate be?
and, given the tools and restrictions he has to work with, would he do any better.

Sadly, we've got to ride this out and get to the end of the season, then take stock.

Gallardo could be the greatest manager in world football - if he could replicate his s. American form in European football - it would be crazy not to approach him if there's a chance. Scary time to appoint though half way through the season incase he couldnt settle here and it all went tits up. Wish we'd have got him in the summer,but you couldn't say no if there was a chance he'd come here.
i am just worried we dont have the players to match his style.

Cant be anyone with premier league experience.

None of that nonsense again with failed managers.

Get someone from overseas:

Ten Hag
Gallardo
Amorim

Shortlist complete.
I would like to get likrs of ten hag but wouldnt leave during the season. Wish the club tried this in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.