2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A) the twitter account literally says it's a parody account in the first line of their bio, and B) imagine being a multi-national congolmerate like Sky and having some random twitter username.
IMG_rlv9a1.jpg

Never wanted Benitez, but you cannot blame him for this mess. This is down to years of truly shocking management from the very top and its Brands (or whoever it is who is responsible) for signing the garbage that we have signed since 2017.

Of the starting 11 today, I think I would only keep Pickford, Doucoure and then Gray when he came on. The rest - and I include Godfrey in this as he simply cannot jump or head the ball - are simply not good enough
Squad is of course crap, but it's his tactics and his instructions we are seeing on the pitch every week. If there's no real plan from one game to the next and we're always 2nd best on show, that's at the managers door. For 8 million quid a year you'd think a guy with a CV of trophies would be able to have a match plan and do a bit of coaching.

I think saying no manager could have got more than 2 points in 7 games is a big call.
With these players?

Where is Delph , the sudden best midfielder at the club , 2 games later doesn't make the pitch. Probably due to fitness / injury.

2 points in 7 games isn't a great return but given 3 of our midfield have been injured, one has played less than 90 minutes in 2 years , the other can't play 3 games in a row and the final one is in policy custody. Say that to any other manager , tell them they have that selection for the midfield and see how many points out of 7 they pick up. Without a striker as well for that part, with Richy and lewen out.

There were issues today that were glaringly the manager , whether the options were good enough or not. In the bigger picture , it's an impossible scenario for anyone. The two can't coexist and one of them has to change.

So the question really is;

Is the answer changing the players available or changing the manager who selects from them? Can't have both half way through a season.

A game in which we dominated possession, something Rafael was getting berated for last week. A game in which we also had 3 times as many shots as Brentford and more shots on target.

If DCL and Richarlison were playing, we would have beaten them today.

We lost to an injury ravaged newly promoted side and barely troubled their average back up keeper

You can roll out a million excuses but none stand up to scrutiny.

Even a rubbish injury ravaged Everton team could have won that game with a half decent striker on the pitch.

We are NOT going to get relegated.

If that was true(which i dont believe it is) then it doesnt say much for our non injury ravaged rest of the team. Its not like we blew them away in every aspect of the game other than the striker.
You're clutching at straws.
We're bad.

A game in which we dominated possession, something Rafael was getting berated for last week. A game in which we also had 3 times as many shots as Brentford and more shots on target.

If DCL and Richarlison were playing, we would have beaten them today.

You don’t watch our games and just look at stats at the end of the game. Brentford let us have all of the ball because they knew we couldn’t do anything with it. We didn’t look like equalising and barely even tried to.

Status
Not open for further replies.