Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like Gordon was stood there looking genuinely hurt by it to me and others (possibly Coleman) came over to pull him away.

At the end two players seemed to turn back in some sort of protest about what the fans were saying. I can’t be sure but it looked like Keane and Coleman to me

Keane and Coleman...two blokes who shouldnt be in the squad.

That was a poor performance. It's difficult to watch. I think this game is on Benitez. He was too stubborn by persisting with Rondon and Iwobi for the whole 90 minutes. I can understand why they started. But Rondon was too stationary and Iwobi being Iwobi - why there were no subs coming on after taking out Townsend? At least some changes that could create more movement within the box?

Understand that the club's problem is not 100% Benitez's fault, but this game, I feel he could've make some changes to do something. Instead Benitez persisted with something that doesn't work.

Who got pulled/ turned away by another player?

See them huddled together hardly daring to look over. Says it all really...

….looked like Coleman and Gordon.

i feel for the travelling fans.

I remember after the point at OT & one of the Benitez luvvies (maybe @4737carlin ) disrespectfully called our away supporters ‘The Rafael Fan Club’. Not looking like they love the manager to me.

Another manager would not keep making the same mistakes week after week (Rondon and Iwobi) or making next to no substitutes or even trying the young lads once in a while.
We had another manager, only a few months ago. He didn’t play the kids either. Why? Because they’re not up to it yet! The time to put the kids in is when the team are playing well & cruising through games. Putting them in now won’t do them any good. They’ll just get crucified by the fans. I can see it happening to Anthony Gordon already.

Just on the coach. Nasty at the end there with the fans and players again. Rafael refused to come over or near the end. What’s the point in having subs? Them lads may as well go and get new careers or clubs tomorrow if they aren’t wanted.
Wednesday is gonna be horrible. He has to go now
When Evertonians saw that we'd come out with no changes, I suspect most felt a sense of aghast - I did. But, do we expect different from Benitez?

As I mentioned, he's dogmatic in the sense of how he expects his team to set up; changing there and then, would undermine said belief.

Keane and Coleman...two blokes who shouldnt be in the squad.

Totally agree.

Coleman - past his best which if we are honest was never that good. He was good for us at a time when the club was a middling club, we are now a poor club and Coleman is a poor player in that squad.

Keane - an absolute joke of a senior player. How he got an England cap I will never know because the guy just has no backbone or understanding of where to be.

During the 90’s, we were rubbish but at least I felt an affinity with the players and the club.

This latest group are the most unlikeable, abject and downright horrendous players I’ve ever seen at any one time.

Pickford’s panicking when balls come into the box annoys me, Digne gesticulating after losing a throw in call annoys me, Keane attempting to defend 1v1’s annoys me, Allan being two yards behind the opposition in loose balls annoys me, Richarlison constantly sulking annoys me, Rondon offering nothing whatsoever up top annoys me, and my god; don’t get me started on Alex Iwobi.

What I’m saying is, even those that are half decent (Digne, Richarlison) are unlikeable, but then coupled with half the squad being below par in terms of ability is just soul destroying.

This season is the first team that I’ve decided not to watch games (Wolves away due to the time & City away). I’ve followed this club for more than 30 years and I’ve never had such little interest. Combination of turd players and decent but annoying players. Hit reset.
Yep - the ability but also the attitude of some of the players is so unlikeable. It's almost like they have to get to half time every match before they realise that it's hard work and attitude required to win football matches, not just turning up

Also, all this EITC stuff. Great getting loads of awards off the field, what about the suffering of us fans spending hundreds of pounds a week to watch. Get rid of all this niceness, jobs for the boys and ex players. Get rid of the lot and start concentrating on winning trophies on the pitch rather than having a wonderful community club. This is Everton FC not AFC Bournemouth.

We had another manager, only a few months ago. He didn’t play the kids either. Why? Because they’re not up to it yet! The time to put the kids in is when the team are playing well & cruising through games. Putting them in now won’t do them any good. They’ll just get crucified by the fans. I can see it happening to Anthony Gordon already.
Whereas letting them sit on the bench watching Rondon and Iwobi stink the place out is doing wonders for their confidence. They must wonder how bad someone has to play to get a chance. Cannot, for the life of me, understand why we didn't throw on an extra forward when there was nothing to lose. Baffling!!!

He is just finished. It happens.

We have seen it happen to far better players for us than him too.

Doesn't make him a phony or anything, he just cant do it anymore.

It does beg the question why is Kenny here and on the bench. If he isn't good enough to come in for Coleman then give the bench space to someone else.
I'll answer that question. Kenny is here because he is a cheap back up to a finished coleman. Kenny wouldnt make championship football. He genuinely got slated up at Celtic. Blame brands and the board for this mess. They made the decision.

Thats the sort of nonsense that a run of defeats leads to. Coleman has been a great servant at Everton, and has captained his country on many occasions. You don't do that if you're a fraud of a player, but saying that Coleman is a fraud could only come in a fraud of a posting. Coleman is physically way past his peak, but has more idea on how to get the ball forward from wide than the rest of them...Gray excepted, and Townsend usually. Our current problem is down to injuries to key players all over the Park, and physical shortcomings from those who are past it. . When Doucoure started to get the measure of his passes, we improved 400 percent, and GRay when he appeared almost got MOM with some inviting crosses. Even Rondon, one of those who is 'past it' had a more involved game, with a powerful shot blocked, and a good header late on.He also made some good clearing headers...needed because without Mina we are terrible at defending set pieces. Before the game Allan was to of the tacking stats for the league, and Keane washigh in the interception stats but defeding corners free kicks and long throws, we need a lot of work. We can still rescue the season, but we need injured players back to full fitness, and a couple of astute January signings. I will be happy with a lot of effort and courage next Wednesday because the RS are motoring at present. After Christmas we will be a lot better.MOTM Pickford...kept us in it in the first half so that we could take the game to them in the second half. Ulimately a failed revival, but welcome to a degree at least.

The problem with Coleman isn’t himself, it’s that we’ve had many chances to replace him and clearly haven’t. In the last 20 years we’ve had Hibbert and Coleman. That’s criminal. Even when Coleman had a bad leg break, they decided to just patch it up with Cuco Martina and I don’t even dislike him like others do. The failing comes down to mismanagement, the time to make Coleman a backup player was when Koeman came in and yet he’s managed to somehow convince every manager his experience was more than his limitations. Coleman doesn’t scare anyone and this might be controversial but hibbert might actually have been a better RB and less error prone than him.

Just watching the Chelsea v United game now.

Super-imposing the Everton players over the Chelsea players in my mind really shows the gulf between the two teams. Every single Chelsea player looks sharper, faster and more comfortable on the ball.

Antonio Rudiger has offered more going forward than any of our attacking players did today and the game is only 20 minutes old.

Status
Not open for further replies.