Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we had good control of the match, but lack the ability to create any chances in the last third. Brentford create almost nothing and we gave them a penalty kick. Another big personal mistake. I was also surprised that the players did not surround the referee, considering the Rondon situation in the first place, so VAR got the chance to check out the situation. Instead, everyone continued the game as normal.

During the 90’s, we were rubbish but at least I felt an affinity with the players and the club.

This latest group are the most unlikeable, abject and downright horrendous players I’ve ever seen at any one time.

Pickford’s panicking when balls come into the box annoys me, Digne gesticulating after losing a throw in call annoys me, Keane attempting to defend 1v1’s annoys me, Allan being two yards behind the opposition in loose balls annoys me, Richarlison constantly sulking annoys me, Rondon offering nothing whatsoever up top annoys me, and my god; don’t get me started on Alex Iwobi.

What I’m saying is, even those that are half decent (Digne, Richarlison) are unlikeable, but then coupled with half the squad being below par in terms of ability is just soul destroying.

This season is the first team that I’ve decided not to watch games (Wolves away due to the time & City away). I’ve followed this club for more than 30 years and I’ve never had such little interest. Combination of turd players and decent but annoying players. Hit reset.
Same.

In fact, I think I officially don’t support Everton any more. I just don’t identify them in any way other than historic sentimentality.

Everton doesn’t stand for anything and play a game which has lost its soul.

Thats the sort of nonsense that a run of defeats leads to. Coleman has been a great servant at Everton, and has captained his country on many occasions. You don't do that if you're a fraud of a player, but saying that Coleman is a fraud could only come in a fraud of a posting. Coleman is physically way past his peak, but has more idea on how to get the ball forward from wide than the rest of them...Gray excepted, and Townsend usually. Our current problem is down to injuries to key players all over the Park, and physical shortcomings from those who are past it. . When Doucoure started to get the measure of his passes, we improved 400 percent, and GRay when he appeared almost got MOM with some inviting crosses. Even Rondon, one of those who is 'past it' had a more involved game, with a powerful shot blocked, and a good header late on.He also made some good clearing headers...needed because without Mina we are terrible at defending set pieces. Before the game Allan was to of the tacking stats for the league, and Keane washigh in the interception stats but defeding corners free kicks and long throws, we need a lot of work. We can still rescue the season, but we need injured players back to full fitness, and a couple of astute January signings. I will be happy with a lot of effort and courage next Wednesday because the RS are motoring at present. After Christmas we will be a lot better.MOTM Pickford...kept us in it in the first half so that we could take the game to them in the second half. Ulimately a failed revival, but welcome to a degree at least.
Totally agree, Coleman only of those few who seems to have experience and maturity. Was confused between Coleman and Pickford for the vote.

We have one of the worst squads in the division. Our best players are unavailable. We have no money to fix it. What do you expect?

Not saying Benitez is without his failings, but there is literally no point sacking someone when this squad is still together.

Thats the sort of nonsense that a run of defeats leads to. Coleman has been a great servant at Everton, and has captained his country on many occasions. You don't do that if you're a fraud of a player, but saying that Coleman is a fraud could only come in a fraud of a posting. Coleman is physically way past his peak, but has more idea on how to get the ball forward from wide than the rest of them...Gray excepted, and Townsend usually. Our current problem is down to injuries to key players all over the Park, and physical shortcomings from those who are past it. . When Doucoure started to get the measure of his passes, we improved 400 percent, and GRay when he appeared almost got MOM with some inviting crosses. Even Rondon, one of those who is 'past it' had a more involved game, with a powerful shot blocked, and a good header late on.He also made some good clearing headers...needed because without Mina we are terrible at defending set pieces. Before the game Allan was to of the tacking stats for the league, and Keane washigh in the interception stats but defeding corners free kicks and long throws, we need a lot of work. We can still rescue the season, but we need injured players back to full fitness, and a couple of astute January signings. I will be happy with a lot of effort and courage next Wednesday because the RS are motoring at present. After Christmas we will be a lot better.MOTM Pickford...kept us in it in the first half so that we could take the game to them in the second half. Ulimately a failed revival, but welcome to a degree at least.
A lot in this I'd agree with; but i can't remember Pickford having a save to make.

No Steve, its the reality of watching football matches.

The bloke is an absolute fake hardman / faux captain.

Said the same for donkeys.

Sack Coleman tomorrow and pay up his wages.

Absolute no mark.

I keep reading this. How do myths like this take hold? Simms and Dobbin are sub championship standard. Honestly, if we are pinning our hopes on them, or indeed anyone else the academy has produced since Barkley then we might as well just give up entirely. The fact they are the best the bench has to offer is an utter indictment of the club and the job Brands in particular has done.
Its more who our former managers have signed that Moshiri has let happen.

We wont know how good Simms and Dobbin are, sometimes though that doesn't even matter. I remember that Josh Sims of Southampton tearing us a new one once and was barely ever seen again. Sometimes its not the worst idea to just get someone on and let them run about a bit. Youthful enthusiasm and all that.

Who got pulled/ turned away by another player?

See them huddled together hardly daring to look over. Says it all really...

Looked like Gordon was stood there looking genuinely hurt by it to me and others (possibly Coleman) came over to pull him away.

At the end two players seemed to turn back in some sort of protest about what the fans were saying. I can’t be sure but it looked like Keane and Coleman to me

No Steve, its the reality of watching football matches.

The bloke is an absolute fake hardman / faux captain.

Said the same for donkeys.

Sack Coleman tomorrow and pay up his wages.

Absolute no mark.
He is just finished. It happens.

We have seen it happen to far better players for us than him too.

Doesn't make him a phony or anything, he just cant do it anymore.

It does beg the question why is Kenny here and on the bench. If he isn't good enough to come in for Coleman then give the bench space to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.