Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I know he has so many poor players at his disposal, I know he has had really bad luck with injuries"..."but he should be able to motivate players like iwobi , and likes to be world beater. " These two sentences don't really go well together...these are contrasting statements.
There is a saturation point to which a manager can change things, this is beyond saturation point . He isn't dealing with just one issue, he has three: a extremely poor overrated squad, worst injury crises, a poor academy all at the same time

Unless I've missed it, the media in general have not really commented on the downwards spiral that is Everton. Is it just their general apathy towards us or what. Just wait until they pick up on it, it'll be fun as we as fans will not he able to defend the indefensible.

Forgive me as only been a season ticket holder for 12 years, but this is the first time in my time going that the fans and the players Are clashing. Coleman had a incident in the paddock next to us at the Watford game. And now even the hardcore away fans seems to be having at go. And rightly so. Just so toxic and it’s a recipe for disaster, which we are seeing unfold in front of us.

Because its not equally both.

Does anyone really think another manager would get materially more out of this side? We had absolutely no goal threat today aside from a one legged Demarai Gray

And that’s because of our players

Simms or Dobbin on for Rondon and we would have looked much more like scoring; Rondon was yards behind the play regularly and that lack of pace forced all that try and cross it in to him nonsense.

With a faster forward we could have played through balls past their defence and it would have worked (as it did with DCL).

That is what annoyed me more than anything today - that game was winnable, but he’s chosen to make a point instead. It’s unforgivable.

Because its not equally both.

Does anyone really think another manager would get materially more out of this side? We had absolutely no goal threat today aside from a one legged Demarai Gray

And that’s because of our players
It is both.

We are not "bottom 5 in squad quality" like you said.

We did Gray not start? Was he only injured for 70 minutes or something?

I do think another manager would get more out of them currently yes. Benitez is not used to having to "go with what he has got".

The squad is bad balance wise sure and I wouldn't miss any of them if they were to go with one or two exceptions but the manager is also ill suited to the situation we are in, he always was. So was Ancelotti for that matter before someone brings him up again.

Imagine watching these last few games and blaming the manager instead of the managers who bought these players or the players themselves.

Our squad, top to bottom, is Bottom 5 in quality. And when you’re missing your two best attacking players and best defender, it just snowballs from there

So why are we paying him an absolute fortune to manage us, do you agree that he should get a free pass this season?

Well that was the worst result of the season for me.
Brentford were very poor and were there for the taking. I lost count of how many times they gave the ball back to us.
Not a terrible performance (other than not protesting about the Rondon 'penalty') but definitely the worst result so far.

That is what annoyed me more than anything today - that game was winnable, but he’s chosen to make a point instead. It’s unforgivable.
A fair few of my reasonable RS friends mentioned that he was very rigid in his approach while there - almost like a dogma. It was his way or the highway.

We're seeing that now with Rondon getting a game before Simms or Dobbin; God, I'd even give Tosun a go because he's as immobile but a better finisher.

A fair few of my reasonable RS friends mentioned that he was very rigid in his approach while there - almost like a dogma. It was his way or the highway.

We're seeing that now with Rondon getting a game before Simms or Dobbin; God, I'd even give Tosun a go because he's as immobile but a better finisher.

If he’s still like that, then sack him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.