Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgrace, they certainly haven't bought in to the Benitez system. Nobody seems to know what their role is, the players are arguing amongst themselves, nobody wants to take responsibility for anything, the master tactician continues to play Rondon, god help us.

I just don't see this improving under Benitez, he is so convinced that what he is doing is right, he refuses to change it. We had a much better 11 on the pitch than Brentford today, but, we let them drag us down to their level.

If Simms and Dobbin can't get in ahead of Rondon and Iwobi then they must be terrible footballers, mind you we'll probably never know for sure while Benitez is here.

No manof the match they can all feck off

This has got to be the lowest I have ever felt as an Evertonian and in my lifetime there has been pretty much nothing but lows.

I honestly don’t know where we go from here, we are in real danger of getting drawn into a relegation battle and it is clear that our squad doesn’t have the fight or dog in them to get through such a battle.

This squad has the character of a team that thinks they are top class players but they are perhaps the most deluded of all because top class players have the humility and professionalism to fight and desire to win everything.

The performance was shocking but anyone with anything about them would have been squaring up to the referee and making him realise that we won’t allow him to make ridiculous decisions without any challenge to it
We are in it already.

This team might actually do the one thing we haven't done for the last half a century, they might actually take us down. There's nothing from them.

What were we trying to do today? What was the plan? How were we trying to score?

Anyone any idea?
There was none and the frightening thing is it appears we are relying on the return of DCL alone to secure the wins needed for safety.

we are a case study in how not to run a football club. Thirty Eight years of dross with 1 FA cup win.

Feel like I’ve watched the same performance over and over since the United game where we played well.

Genuinely might be drawn into a relegation battle and could be bang in the bottom 3 after the next 5.

So benitez made no mistakes again? Playing for crosses yet not bring on one of his 3 strikers off the bench to go along rondon?

All managers make mistakes, all managers have pet favourites they play too much, all managers take too long to make subs.

I wish they were the only problems. Do you think I actually like Benitez as a bloke or wanted him as manager? No. If I thought any other option would work I’d be all for removing him. We’ve had Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Unsworth/Ferguson, Ancelotti, and now Benitez, and you can count on one hand the number of good performances we’ve had out of all of them.

The problems stay the same, regardless of manager because we have one of the most unprofessional squads in the league who couldn’t care less about Everton. Fire Benitez, I don’t care, get someone else in, if they’d even want to come, where do they start? Play Tosun instead of Rondon, being on Simms instead of playing the 90 mins. Do you see how ridiculous all that sounds? We have about 6 good players, most of whom have arrived in recent windows. The rest of the squad are bottom half level. When those good players aren’t available this is what happens, and has happened for 7 years.

As soon as Koeman lost Lukaku, we couldn’t win a game, as soon as Silva lost Gueye and Zouma we couldn’t win a game, as soon as Ancelotti lost Docuoure we struggled to win a game, the same thing is just happening now.

If firing Benitez makes some of you happy, have at it, I honestly couldn’t care less now, we’ll be 20 mill down and in exactly the same place when the new manager gets here and is scratching is head in the first half of a match because the weeks worth of training he has done has gone up in smoke and Keane and Coleman can’t pass a ball to each other and defenders aren’t jumping at set pieces.

I don’t know but Dunc is part of the problem with this club. It has mediocrity running through it from top to bottom. He did ok as a player, but that’s it and I don’t see anything to suggest he has what it takes.

100%. How many managers has he been with now? If you want to manage, go do it, prove yourself and come back. Just an easy ride of a club sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.