Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgrace, they certainly haven't bought in to the Benitez system. Nobody seems to know what their role is, the players are arguing amongst themselves, nobody wants to take responsibility for anything, the master tactician continues to play Rondon, god help us.

I just don't see this improving under Benitez, he is so convinced that what he is doing is right, he refuses to change it. We had a much better 11 on the pitch than Brentford today, but, we let them drag us down to their level.
I mentioned the other day that I was hoping we'd at least see small, marginal improvements combining to make a great improvement.

Are we building towards change? Sadly, I can't say that I am seeing any improvements stemming from the manager be that mentally, technically or tactically.

Last season with Carlo it was Fulham, West Ham, Sheff Utd and Burnley at home. The common denominator is that shower of a group of players.

I’m no Benitez lover. He needs to shoulder some blame but peoples hate for him means they can’t see past their nose. The players are the issue. It’s no coincidence that this run of form has coincided with DCL being out the team and Doucoure and Richarlison missing some of them as well. People really think Potter will get anything from this lot? Out of your mind if so.

Disgrace, they certainly haven't bought in to the Benitez system. Nobody seems to know what their role is, the players are arguing amongst themselves, nobody wants to take responsibility for anything, the master tactician continues to play Rondon, god help us.

I just don't see this improving under Benitez, he is so convinced that what he is doing is right, he refuses to change it. We had a much better 11 on the pitch than Brentford today, but, we let them drag us down to their level.

If Simms and Dobbin can't get in ahead of Rondon and Iwobi then they must be terrible footballers, mind you we'll probably never know for sure while Benitez is here.

No manof the match they can all feck off

One problem I see is there's no creativity to break down the opposition when in posession. Not a surprise given how direct Benitez's players that he brought in are. Townsend, Gray, Rondon, even Richarlison, Iwobi. Doucoure just runs into the box as well.

That's why as soon as Brentford sat deep, it was over and that's why Rafael's been found out quickly.

I'm sorry but getting rid of James was a massive mistake. The only creativity in the side. Starting to think Rafael didn't like him at all. Ironic really, the fact that James is actually fit and playing in Qatar and all of Rafael's players are not fit. Rafael should have sucked it up and kept him at least for balance.

Never thought I'd see the day but I'm half hoping the RS do us a favour by giving us a right pummelling Wednesday night to end this shambles. I know we currently have no strength in depth but to keep playing a striker with a 0 in 10 goals return for us suggests Benitez is just being bloody minded, and what can it be doing to the confidence of those below Rondon in Benitez' pecking order if he's so sure that he's better than them. Thank god we have those 15 points we picked up early and plenty of games to get ourselves out of trouble. I really thought Benitez could do a job for us but he looks finished and if he carries on like this he is taking us down. We're definitely not too good to go down at the mo' and the more we play the more we appear to be to poor to stay up.

You know it's gonna be Dunc til the end of the season if Rafael goes. The club know that too hence why I think they won't pull the trigger unless we enter the relegation spots. Few wins when DCL is back and things suddenly look completely different. Still think the season is a write off and we'll probably finish 10th - 13th again. This is where we are atm. I don't know if this is Rafas fault at all. Maybe it is but Ancelloti finished 12th and 10th he just had his bad run at the end of the season rather than the beginning. Rafael could turn it around but Europe is well out of reach already, shame.
We are not a mid-table club, we are in a relegation fight this season. We are getting bummed by teams like Watford and brentford. Are you blind or just in denial?

We were crying out for DCL today, he's such a big miss for us. I went for Gray as MoM even though he was only on for 20 minutes. Dacoure and Gordon played well. Rondon was the best we've seen out of him.

Rubbish referee as usual, no control. Brentford's time wasting deserved more than one yellow card. Godfrey was booked for an identical foul to the one committed on Rondon in their area and which should, if he's applying the rules fairly, should have been a penalty for us.

Apart from the Penalty Brentford didn't offer much threat.

To be honest , still can't blame the manager, team is full of extremely poor players, and that's not his fault. He didn't make a change, because he just can't, he knows these young players on bench, he watches them over in training, they might not be ready.
Well he persists and persists with Rondon when the player himself has said he's simply not fit enough. Meanwhile, Tosun is warming his arse on the bench totally fit. Benitez is i/c that insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.