How long has Rafael got left?

How long do you think Senor Benitez will be in the Everton hotseat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Benitez thread is FULL of that talk, no? And I am sending up the debate in there too.

It's all very silly. As you well know.
Polls for Benitez every day.

Why not just settle on one...if we absolutley must have a poll on the security of a manager who has us at midtable in the teeth of a season of calamitous injuries.

As much as I don't like the way he goes about things, I just don't see how we can sack another manager. If we did then certain people up top need to go along with him imo. Part of me hopes he kicks off next summer over transfers and ends up walking away in a huff.

Sell Gomes, Gbamin or Tosun and we create a little breathing space. Sell Siggy, Mina, Keane or Iwobi and we create a bit more...
I hear ya, but how many clubs are queueing up to buy these players, and at what price, given how crap we've been at selling players over the years. Mina probably has a few suitors, maybe Keane, doubt there'd be anyone out there willing to pay £10-15m for Iwobi, Gbamin has barely kicked a ball for 2 years so who takes that risk on, Gomes maybe back to Spain or something, but Spanish sides don't have a lot of cash to spend, and Tosun I think is out of contract in the summer so no real fee for him. Plus, hard to shift players who'd rather stay put and collect their big wages so they can leave on a free and get the best deal for themselves. Messy situation.

I went with the first option as it was the closest thing to what I really feel.

Which is….if we win at Brentford he will survive two “expected losses“ against RS and Arsenal.

However, if we lose at Bees then live down to expectations in the next two games then IMO his position will be untenable as by that stage we will have been dragged into the relegation fight and drastic action will be needed.

….he’s been brought in as a safe pair of hands, even taking account of injuries and suspensions a top coach is able to salvage the odd win. Organisation & application shouldn’t be compromised.

I’m only seeing talk of a sacking from supporters but my 20 points at Christmas is a minimum benchmark that many on here scoffed at when I mentioned it during Benitez’s good start. Nobody is scoffing now. I think he’s fine until the New Year but if we are hovering at 20 points in January the powers that be might pull the trigger.

Benitez is currently 4-1 favourite to be the next manager to be sacked. We should monitor those odds as an indicator. Truly, a big worry for him is @davek predicting he’ll be here for the duration as Dave is rarely right but too be fair Benitez has been without many of his key players.

20 points at Christmas.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.