2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that's more down to the fact Toney and Mbeuno will bully the living hell out of Keane and Godfrey.

That's not down to Benitez.
I mean it is though because he's going to set the team up.

So to limit Toney and Mbuemo bullying the hell out of Keane and Godfrey, you play a system that is going to help you see more of the ball and also afford protection to Keane and Godfrey.

Not just 'oh, let's try exactly the same thing that isn't working at all for the 10th time in a row'

"The centre-backs will get bullied. There's just nothing we can do about it unfortunately. It's not like we can stop Brentford playing through our midfield and getting it to their forwards. The manager just has to accept that. Let's sit in our shape and not apply any pressure to the ball and maybe we might be able to string a 5-pass move together at some point."

And if im right and he is still here come the seasons end are you and your band of merry men going to get on your knees and admit I was right?

I dont want no goal posts changing you've all gone balls deep on the Rafael is getting sacked in the morning train - the vaults will be waiting...
Against everything I feel with every fibre of my body, I think he will still be here at season's end. Nothing to do with his performance as coach, just that we really cannot, as a club, descend into that rudderless manager search that drags on for weeks while we continue to lose games.
End of season its a different question. presuming we avoid relegation then Moshiri, and perhaps Brands, have to ask if they trust him with what funds are available to have a second window/season and not spend 9 months on a knife edge hovering above relegation in 22/23. If we get relegated of course all bets are off.
He has shown himself to be a pretty limited coach over the last 12 games, his so called 'defensive masterclass' on Sunday being a great example. He says he will play differently vs Brentford... we shall see. I suspect his thought would be that we cannot afford another defeat with the upcoming fixtures and he may play for the point, but as I said,... we shall see.

That doesn't make sense. The quality of our fully fit first team is capabable of beating about 11 or 12 other PL clubs.

You must think more of these players than most of our fans do. They aren't that good overall. £500M has been wasted in 6 years. That really is the continuing major issue, not any manager.
Its funny because most of our fans dont rate most of our players but when we lose its only the managers fault in the eyes of mostly the same people

Did anyone who wanted us to lose under Martinez, Koeman and Silva to get them sacked...

...support Benitez?
Probably only Foreverblue92, Tubey and Davek

j0m4bq9vjp652l3x-mob.jpg

If he selects Rondon and he performs at the same level we've seen, then the manager has to take full responsibility. There is no one else that can be blamed.

The choice is to blood a young player or stick with the underperforming senior player. At some point you have to roll the dice and give someone a chance. It might well not work, but at least you are trying to build something for down the line. Losing with senior players achieves nothing except creating resentment a feeling that there is no pathway to the first team.

"The centre-backs will get bullied. There's just nothing we can do about it unfortunately. It's not like we can stop Brentford playing through our midfield and getting it to their forwards. The manager just has to accept that. Let's sit in our shape and not apply any pressure to the ball and maybe we might be able to string a 5-pass move together at some point."
I can’t believe what am reading in here sometimes, under no circumstances should we be expecting anything but 3 points against a out of form newly promoted injury hit first time in the PL Brentford.

He's literally just said he's going to play Rondon or friggin Tosun over Simms. What have either of those two done to deserve a chance over Simms?

When did Ellis Simms become Edison Cavani?

This kids just come back from a bad injury and was playing in League One last season.

Im not saying Toshun or Rondon are the answer but again some fans are crying over very limited options available to the manager.

Its not like Utd fans moaning that Rashford and Sancho should be selected over Greenwood and Martial is it...

I can’t believe what am reading in here sometimes, under no circumstances should we be expecting anything but 3 points against a out of form newly promoted injury hit first time in the PL Brentford.
You have seen the absolute state of our "team" haven't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.