2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will see it the second the whistle blows after the Derby. Maybe even during the match.

Will they all now be classed as Blue Geordies too ?

Or maybe the poison on here, has somehow seeped into the match going crowd ?

If the board don't sack Benitez after a derby defeat with 1 win in 10 or whatever it is they never will.

So you'll get your answer as to his future if he's still here post Derby.

A win on Sunday and all this talk fizzles away immediately.

If the board don't sack Benitez after a derby defeat with 1 win in 10 or whatever it is they never will.

It doesn’t. You know it doesn’t. If we get bounced in the derby it’s not going to be any less toxic just because we beat Brentford in the game before.

Yeah obviously overall he has done a good job and winning the FA cup was absolutely huge (for me anyway). During his tenure though we've had really long spells of playing dross football and poor results, this current spell being the longest. And their might be a fair few people saying 'well its only Leicester so what do you expect' but everything we've achieved over the last decade has happened because the owners dared to dream.

I'd be quite happy to see somebody else take over now and give the players a new voice to listen to. Things have definitely gone stale

So you’ve now become the East Mids Geordies

lol

Ten Hag is decent but would never come - the other three just scream bottom 3 and bald with stress within months of trying to get this squad of players playing actual football.

Ten Hag has done nothing outside Holland. Koeman used to manage Ajax and look reasonable - it means nothing, it's a donkey league with two/three title contenders, Ajax have won it six times in the last decade.

He might be good, he might not, but it's rolling the dice.

There's, what, three managers in world football where you'd say yeah, probably worth binning Benitez if they wanted to come for some daft reason - Simeone, Conte, Guardiola I guess, could throw in Klopp. Even then they'd be inheriting an abysmal squad and would do sod all with it in the short term.

Form has been diabolical - but if we wouldn’t have had an utter meltdown against Watford then we’d be sitting nicely in 8th…fine lines in the prem - ultimately that crazy ten minutes happened, ruined the confidence of the side, few more injuries and no sign of a win…

This is your shortlist of alternatives to Benitez.

Ruben Amorim (Sporting)
Graham Potter (Brighton)
Marcelo Gallardo (River Plate)
Erik Ten Hag (Ajax)

I wouldn't talk about managers being 'levels below' anyone - very much 'don't throw stones in glass houses'.

Nobody on here thinks Benitez is a better manager than Ancelotti. Not many are even fans of Benitez. But we have realists who realise the murderer's row of nobodies you've just listed would in all likelihood amount to sod all at Everton.

Ten Hag has done nothing outside Holland. Koeman used to manage Ajax and look reasonable - it means nothing, it's a donkey league with two/three title contenders, Ajax have won it six times in the last decade.

He might be good, he might not, but it's rolling the dice.

There's, what, three managers in world football where you'd say yeah, probably worth binning Benitez if they wanted to come for some daft reason - Simeone, Conte, Guardiola I guess, could throw in Klopp. Even then they'd be inheriting an abysmal squad and would do sod all with it in the short term.

Ruben Amorim (Sporting)
Graham Potter (Brighton)
Erik Ten Hag (Ajax)

"A murderers row of nobodies"

This one will come back to haunt you Tubey.

He's going absolutely nowhere mate.

If people had sense they would have realised it by now.

No see I disagree here. If he loses every game from now up to and including Burnley on 26 December then he's basically toast. You can stretch that to Newcastle on the 30th at a push, and if he loses that there's pretty much no way he survives.

And that's a very possible scenario. 50/50 odds on it happening IMO. But you are right in that the next two games won't decide it. We're getting hammered by Liverpool regardless of who is in charge, could play that game 100 times with the same outcome.

Ruben Amorim (Sporting)
Graham Potter (Brighton)
Erik Ten Hag (Ajax)

"A murderers row of nobodies"

This one will come back to haunt you Tubey.

It really won't. Even if Ten Hag goes to United and does a job, he's doing so at United - a club with vast resources and starting from a poor position. It's a job nearly any upcoming manager would want right now.

None of them would do a thing at Everton. It's a completely different scenario. I note all of those managers except flavour of the month Potter manage in limited leagues at the top clubs; that's not the job here.

Status
Not open for further replies.