2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you’ll only scrape so many 1-0 wins while playing crap. I just want us to show progress as a football team, that’s the only way we’ll see any form of long term success. We’ve done nothing but get worse for the past 4 years.
Get results on the board, moves you up the table, gives us more money, possibly European footy, and then we sign better players and play better footy.

That's how it has to be done.

Get results on the board, moves you up the table, gives us more money, possibly European footy, and then we sign better players and play better footy.

That's how it has to be done.

But you’re not going to finish higher up the table if you’re crap at football are you? As proven last season, you’ll only scrape so many 1-0 wins by the skin of your teeth while not being able to string two passes together. It isn’t a viable footballing strategy.

That's a caricature of what's happened.

The first team squad was pathetically bare when he inherited it - not helped by you know who being suspended.

He was handed £1.8M to spend in the summer...I'll say that again:

£1.8MILLION

The injuries right through the team has denied any sort of defensive solidity as DCL and Richarlison were key defenders from set pieces as well as our missing goals scorers, and Mina's absences have cratered us at the back.

Do you think your complete ignorance of what's happened in the last 3 months is acceptable?
We have no idea how much he was handed. He SPENT £1.8M

The lack of cover in some positions is down to him and his choices.
Especially given how injury prone some of our players are.

Is having fans back better or worse for Rafael?

I think Carlo has fans in stadiums for about 2 and abit months in his whole time here which is sad really as we never got to see James

Alladyce had us getting points on the board playing ugly football and the fanbase legged him out within 6 months.

Poisoned Chalice of a job with our board & fans.

Very apt that considering we all know where his true loyalties lie in this city, the horrible kopite pig

I think that's harsh :D

I do think he's fully committed here. He wants to succeed, I have no doubt about it. But, his methods are outdated. Our squad is tosh and that's not on him. The off-field issues aren't on him. But I just can't see him having what it takes to catch up and improve us.

Alladyce had us getting points on the board playing ugly football and the fanbase legged him out within 6 months.

Poisoned Chalice of a job with our board & fans.

Oh you're on a wind up

It wasn't just the fanbase that got rid of Allardyce.

We were safe when BFS arrived. He had the chance, and the backing, to show he wasn't a complete dinosaur and could actually push a team on into Europe and start to show he could play a different brand of football. He failed miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.