2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather have signed Andy Carroll. He can't run either but at least he provides SOMETHING by being a monster in the air still. Rondon? Offers nothing.

At least it's a solution. Wouldn't have minded for a short term stopgap. DCL wasn't meant to have missed 12 games either.

Still no one expected Rondon to be this bad. Christ, what a pathetic excuse for a footballer.

Don't disagree necessarily but point being, what is Rondon? The lad isn't "fit" after 3 months here still.

What is Rondon? An ex-footballer collecting a Prem wage, it would seem.

Neither Rondon nor Carroll was the answer, and as others have pointed out we shot ourselves in the foot by not addressing that one earlier. To be fair, he's been pretty durable, we signed wingers and Richarlison is better up top than anything we could have signed on the cheap.

We just didn't plan around Richarlison and DCL being out at the same time...just like last winter.

The Prem TV contract is such a large part of most clubs' budgets that very few of them will take that kind of chance. Ironically, it's clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea and United that can afford to roll the dice on an unproven manager, since the deck is so heavily stacked in their favor.

Yet plenty do. I remember Southampton getting in Pochettino was considered a suicidal gamble by many (Hassenhutl not really proven either).

Palace getting in Vieira was a big gamble. Brighton getting in Potter. The chap who's come in at Wolves (name escapes me).

The era of Bruce/Allardyce/Pulis/Hodgson as your safe pair of hands is coming to an end now.

So no then?
How can we determine whether we're going forrwards or backwards with Benitez when after just 4 months of games in charge he has us in the same position as Ancelotti had us?

The upside to that is that the sloppy gobbed Italian fraud never had the injury-list from Hades to deal with while getting us midtable.

It can and will get better under Benitez once he has some repsite form the injuroes and is allowed to spend...and has a season to bed in.

Yet plenty do. I remember Southampton getting in Pochettino was considered a suicidal gamble by many (Hassenhutl not really proven either).

Palace getting in Vieira was a big gamble. Brighton getting in Potter. The chap who's come in at Wolves (name escapes me).

The era of Bruce/Allardyce/Pulis/Hodgson as your safe pair of hands is coming to an end now.

But the issue is none of those managers have won a bean of note and Poch aside have done well in spurts - Potter finished 16th last season and has won 1 in his last 7 - why is that good enough for us when the last 5 or so manager's havent been? Because he's got a reputation for "silky" "progressive" *insert other sexy catchphrase label* football?

Viera - done a "great" job but is only 1 point above us in the table?

Hassanhuttl who has his positives hasn't done much at Saints despite being there a while now - he would have been chased outta Goodison after the first 9 nil loss never mind the second.

You break down these managers and none of em would do anything here so why get so angry over the current fella is what I dont understand.

Sacking Benitez is not the answer. Period. The club, the players and us fans need stability right now, above all else. We have had Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti and now Benitez (not counting Unsworth and Ferguson). All with different ideas how to train, approach games and tactics. Imagine the situation in your own job. Every couple of years the boss is replaced and he starts to implement his own ideas. Just as you have started to unlearn previous habits and started to get a hang of the new approaches the boss is fired and replaced. And the whole thing starts over. I think that at the moment there is no base to build the tactics on. Number one job for Benitez is to lay the ground work and number one job for the owner and the board is to give him time to do that. Mid table finish is the best we can hope this season. We need to get to the basics and build from that.

The difference between us and the top clubs who regulary replace managers every two to three years is that Everton does not have the luxury to drop the players who the manager doesnt like without it affecting the team. Tuchel can drop Werner or Lukaku without hesitation and froze out Saul. Benitez gets rid of Kean and James, but there is no one to replace them. Benitez is slowly retraining the players and turning them into his players rather than buying a squad full of new players. Its going to take time, but we have to be patient. We have no choice.

How can we determine whether we're going forrwards or backwards with Benitez when after just 4 months of games in charge he has us in the same position as Ancelotti had us?

The upside to that is that the sloppy gobbed Italian fraud never had the injury-list from Hades to deal with while getting us midtable.

It can and will get better under Benitez once he has some repsite form the injuroes and is allowed to spend...and has a season to bed in.
We are worse in every area of the pitch.
All on the fat man

All available managers, over to you Mosh!

Get it right this time! (im not holding my breath!)
There are some absolute beauts listed there....some of them make be feel happy to have Benitez ?

Status
Not open for further replies.