Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not knee jerk - he was just the wrong appointment
He was simply the wrong appointment.

You don't give the wrong appointment time. That is illogical.

This is not reactionary or knee jerk - this is the logical position to take. When a mistake is made then the quicker it is rectified the better.

We all know how this will end if we prolong the inevitable.

You can't move forward with the wrong man in position.

Everyone needs to go - the board, the manager, most of the players, the DOF, and lots of the coaching staff.

Who is the right appointment?

Was the world class Ancelotti the right appointment?

The upcoming progressive Silva?

The experienced Koeman who had Southampton in the top 6?

The FA Cup winning Martinez?

WAKE UP there is no "right" or "wrong" appointment we are just crap - we've tried every type/style of manager and the end result has always been the same.

We're becoming another Watford "oh look ANOTHER wrong appointment, who would have thought eh? SACK SACK SACK!!!"

He won't overhaul the squad, he will add more older players who won't be good enough.

Rondon is here until at least the end of next year. He will look for more Townsend type signings - experienced players who will be disciplined but lack quality.

And then we have a DOF who apparently wants Van De Beek. The squad won't be fixed until the manager and DOF are replaced.

What are you basing it on? Is there any evidence that Benitez wants to sign older players? He's had to resort to signing older players because of the budget he has.

Demarai Gray, the only player he's paid money for, is 25-years old. There is nothing to suggest he's going to load the squad full of older players. Did you knock Ancelotti for James and Allan?

Not on the manager, he's not who we wanted, but he can't be blamed for being given £1.5m, the years of neglect forced our hand this summer, and when he did sign players he signed Gray and Townsend who have showed fight and determination, even if the latter is limited. We're a mess, but the kneejerk towards Benitez is just crazy, in my opinion.

Potter
Frank
Streich
Fischer
Lampard
Rangnick
Emery
Galtier
Halse

Probably an absolute ton of others if I thought about it longer. It's not my job to find a manager either, I'm not paid by the club.

I don't blame anyone for that appointment, and I believe he would have improved us this season, but ultimately the appointment failed.

No - never go back somewhere again.
Absolutely not - hopeless manager

No - see above re never go back. Not convinced sacking him was the right decision though. I think he would have done well with money - but hindsight is wonderful.

WAKE UP there is no "right" or "wrong" appointment we are just crap - we've tried every type/style of manager and the end result has always been the same.
We are crap but there are obviously right appointments. Koeman was clearly wrong, Allardyce was clearly wrong.

We're becoming another Watford "oh look ANOTHER wrong appointment, who would have thought eh? SACK SACK SACK!!!"
Nothing wrong with changing manager - it's normal in football in 2021. The days of dynasties at clubs of 15 - 20 years are over and not coming back. 3 years is a long appointment. Good successful teams change manager, poor underachieving teams talk about patience and transition seasons.

What are you basing it on? Is there any evidence that Benitez wants to sign older players? He's had to resort to signing older players because of the budget he has.

Demarai Gray, the only player he's paid money for, is 25-years old. There is nothing to suggest he's going to load the squad full of older players. Did you knock Ancelotti for James and Allan?

Not on the manager, he's not who we wanted, but he can't be blamed for being given £1.5m, the years of neglect forced our hand this summer, and when he did sign players he signed Gray and Townsend who have showed fight and determination, even if the latter is limited. We're a mess, but the kneejerk towards Benitez is just crazy, in my opinion.

Yes I disagreed with the Allan signing, I don't rate him.

I got carried away with the James stuff at the time but I was very much in favour of letting him go. You can't keep uncommitted players who can't get themselves fit.

I don't back Benitez to recruit well. He always backs experience over younger players and we can't do that.

Let's use Newcastle as an example. Let's say they do become one of the superpowers in world football with all their Saudi money, do you honestly believe Eddie Howe is the person they've hired to be challenging for top 4 and trophies?

Benitez has been brought in to keep us afloat while we're crippled by FFP, that's all there is to it. It's sad but that's how it is. It's now on us as supporters to not let the people in charge of this club get away with letting us get to such a position.
How do we as fans combat the inadequacies of the board then instead of being anti or pro this manager? We can't get rid of Moshiri or the board ourselves: therefore the frustration of the fans is directed solely at the manager and/or players.
Injuries are obviously a factor but who's to say that the return of DCL etc will change the situation overnight? Do we even know when they will be back?
If we are not careful, then the perfect storm awaits, Benitez or no Benitez.
In the end how do the fans halt the malaise affecting our club from Moshiri down?
That is the debate we should be having imo

That is the bottom line but exacerbated by poot signings by each manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.