Match Thread Man City v Everton - Sunday 21st November 2pm. Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure it'll be as comfortable for City as people are making out. City have not played well at home recently and will likely be without Foden, Grealish, De Bruyne and Torres. This means playing the hopelessly-out-of-form Sterling and most probably for the whole game. OK, it's hardly a youth team out there but if it's not going right then Pep doesn't have many places to turn like normal.

That’s the spirit.

A pretty easy 3-0 stroll in the park for Manchester City, as predicted :(

They're on a different level.

But the players and manager made it even easier for them today.

Joao Cancelo, one of the best crossers in world football, given 10 yards of space to pick a pass.

Rodri, not closed down.

That comes from our insistence of having a 'shape', but no actual pressure on the ball.

That didn't just happen today. That happened in every game we've had under Benitez.

Beaten before you started l’m afraid.These tactics were used by Benitez when at Newcastle and are so anti football.Being a city fan i have seen so many like this ( boring as far as a competative game ),I can remember when Everton were the best team in England and we were beaten 4-0 by you(lineaker hat trick) and taking my city bias a side what a good game it was as we tried to play . It probably boils down that there is too much at stake now.Anyway all the best for the rest of the season,don’t think you will go down

Can’t Sky get one of our ex players on as a pundit who could then call out these frauds live on tv? It might have more effect than us ranting on GOT.

Benitez continues to surprise me with his substitutes. A midfield player off replaced by a centre forward, for want of a better description, who can neither run, nor control a football. What on earth was the point while we are getting the pish taken out of us by a City team who were playing mostly at walking pace.

Never mind all the expected loss horlicks, that was dire. I still think there are 3 worse teams than us in the league, but, I'm getting a little worried now.
We actually had slightly more of the game when Rondon came on and we went 442. It wasn't much to do with Rondon, just that we seemed to get more players forward, and in fact, near the end Coleman who people have been criticising all season, went on a good run along the by line which resulted in a corner. 442, but not with Rondon, might be a temporary tactic ,but which two strikers.Richarlison and Simms after Brentford, ....and we do have Tosun on the bench. He couldn't be worse than Rondon, could he?

FB_IMG_1637535208666.jpg

The thing that boils my pi"" more than anything is that this is expected by the media with headlines like 'routine win for Man City'

If nothing else, regardless of the calibre of player, through fight and spirit, nothing should be routine about playing Everton, that's the minimum i would expect of any player/team pulling on the royal blue jersey.

We actually had slightly more of the game when Rondon came on and we went 442. It wasn't much to do with Rondon, just that we seemed to get more players forward, and in fact, near the end Coleman who people have been criticising all season, went on a good run along the by line which resulted in a corner. 442, but not with Rondon, might be a temporary tactic ,but which two strikers.Richarlison and Simms after Brentford, ....and we do have Tosun on the bench. He couldn't be worse than Rondon, could he?
Mate, I couldn’t be worse than Rondon and I’m 68 and the zingari league was my standard.

Benitez didn't have to do anything today as this was one of Moshys expected losses, but I would have liked us to get about them a bit and at least get stuck in - didn't see any of that but that could just be our mentality midgets crapping themselves yet again.

The injuries are killing us at the moment - even with our first choice 11 it would have been tough, but to loose gray and then bring iwobi on is just rubbish - Benitez got the subs wrong again.

Should have gone with Simms for Gray and moved Richy out wide.

Onyango for Delph instead of that waste of skin rondon.

Hope he goes with the young lads against Brentford - not gonna be easy but I don't think I can watch rondon abd iwobi in an Everton shirt again.

Status
Not open for further replies.