Match Thread Man City v Everton - Sunday 21st November 2pm. Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without doubt now it will be damage limitation for the remainder of the season.
I know it's absolute arrogance on my part to suggest it, but Benitez will be targeting those games that he thinks we will get at least a point and hopefully fluke a win.
That's how bad we are.

Predictably poor and we struggled to cross the half way line an injury to Gray and another booking for Richarlison is not what we need as with them and DCL out for the next game I can't see who is going to score.

I honestly think the plan for this season is to just try and hold on to our spot in the league, make a big sale (likely Richarlison, but who is losing value every week) to steady the ship and then try some additional creative accounting to try and re-build the squad for next season

Who els would we put out there?

That really was the best starting eleven we had available.
Wasn’t commenting about player selection. More that we went with the most basic game plan possible and never looked like pulling it off. If you’re going to set up to play 11 players in your own half, backs to the wall, you at least want to make it difficult for the better team. That was easy for city, players looked like that was the first time they’d met each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.