New Everton Stadium Discussion

Mate the thing is this is a thread about a new stadium not rehashed pie in the sky dreams about redeveloping Goodison or any other previously discussed sites.

People come on here to get updates and discuss the new build stadium only for it to be drowned out by talking about a redevelopment that will never happen.

If you want to discuss past stadium proposals by all means go ahead but please do it in another thread and keep this one about the BMD stadium actually being built.
So, keeping up with the need to modernise GP was "pie in the sky dreams" but digging out a sizeable section of a dock area, draining all the water out, strengthening the base for construction foundations, and only then being able to start construction (for a stadium that looks great from outside but bog standard from inside) would have been seen for many years before Moshiri as perfectly feasible and easy to do?

Aye. Will become the main destination for rail users to get to BMD. Bit less of a walk than Moorfields ?
For an average person, it'll be about a twenty-minute ish walk to Moorfields from Bramley Moore: twenty to twenty five minutes depending on your speed.

If it's a minimum of ten minuted to Sandhills but more likely fifteen, it may be sensible to do the walk rather than having to queue up, and probably for a while too.

Especially so if you live in the south of the city or you're wanting to jump on the train to the Wirral, so not to come back on yourself after walking north.

But, it's a big but, the weather can be miserable down Great Howard Street and in the winter I'm not sure if I will be wanting to do the walk for too long.

A temporary (match day) station between the two near Sherwood Street would be ideal, if not I think people may choose the shuttle bus option that'll be on.

Anyway, I think a big part will be the access to a drink. I like a beer before and after the match, so I won't want to be walking for ages to get a beer or from the pub.

For an average person, it'll be about a twenty-minute ish walk to Moorfields from Bramley Moore: twenty to twenty five minutes depending on your speed.

If it's a minimum of ten minuted to Sandhills but more likely fifteen, it may be sensible to do the walk rather than having to queue up, and probably for a while too.

Especially so if you live in the south of the city or you're wanting to jump on the train to the Wirral, so not to come back on yourself after walking north.

But, it's a big but, the weather can be miserable down Great Howard Street and in the winter I'm not sure if I will be wanting to do the walk for too long.

A temporary (match day) station between the two near Sherwood Street would be ideal, if not I think people may choose the shuttle bus option that'll be on.

Anyway, I think a big part will be the access to a drink. I like a beer before and after the match, so I won't want to be walking for ages to get a beer or from the pub.

Moorfields to BMD is 30 minutes. I would take that long, anyhow.

Screenshot_20211114-003635_WhatsApp.jpg

Just cant help themselves can they.

Apologies, I wasn’t suggesting you were if that’s how it came across. I was trying to suggest that Sandhills is going to become fairly congested.

An island platform too so won't be able to hold anywhere near the passengers we currently get at Kirkdale hence the 'coralling' ouside which to me is a totlly unacceptable plan.

An island platform too so won't be able to hold anywhere near the passengers we currently get at Kirkdale hence the 'coralling' ouside which to me is a totlly unacceptable plan.
Last time we played at Wembley we were coralled outside Wembley Park station for two ten-minute spells before being allowed on the station itself. Seemed to work quite well. I don't know what other method they could use at Sandhills . Even if another station is built they will have the same problem there in the immediate post-match period .
I'm hoping there will be bars etc. at BMD to encourage people to stay after the game .