2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
By no means is he a good player, but he is often scapegoated. There are much worse performers on the pitch in some games but is still targeted, which is fair as he hasn't really provided anything since we signed him.

It was not a good idea to develop him in the middle or on the wings. He is just too slow and has no presence defensively either. I could have told you that before we signed him. Maybe in a different life Alex. Certainly not this one.

It was not a good idea to develop him in the middle or on the wings. He is just too slow and has no presence defensively either. I could have told you that before we signed him. Maybe in a different life Alex. Certainly not this one.
I have a friend who is an Arsenal fan, told me Iwobi is real slow for a winger and we overpaid for him when we signed him few seasons back.
Brands tend to sign slow players for wingers.

I think Iwobi was a panic buy but even then, Brands couldn't get the position right. I recalled Marco Silva requested for a right winger (that was the position we lacked) and we got Iwobi who played predominantly on the left for Arsenal. I mean, just because he can play there doesn't mean it's his best position.
And then, we went on without a proper right side winger until this season. Maybe our RB issue is Brands thought he signed a RB in Ben Godfrey. lollol

He makes me vomit watching him in a blue shirt.
Truth is i have fell out of love with Everton. I dont particularly like the manager. I dont like the majority of the players. The whole brands thing is bizare.
And then i watch iwobi. A player who couldnt give two fcks if this club win or lose. He's getting paid so well by Everton it breaks my heart to see his half arsed commitment.
Everton are a bit dead to me right now.
I was going to post in that moyes/benitez thread but all i had to say on that was i look at west ham players now and they look hungry. They are running through brick walls to get results. I think they have slightly better players in comparison to when moyes was here but i see the same hunger at least. You witness that. And then you switch back to your club and see iwobi. And it hits home.

He makes me vomit watching him in a blue shirt.
Truth is i have fell out of love with Everton. I dont particularly like the manager. I dont like the majority of the players. The whole brands thing is bizare.
And then i watch iwobi. A player who couldnt give two fcks if this club win or lose. He's getting paid so well by Everton it breaks my heart to see his half arsed commitment.
Everton are a bit dead to me right now.
I was going to post in that moyes/benitez thread but all i had to say on that was i look at west ham players now and they look hungry. They are running through brick walls to get results. I think they have slightly better players in comparison to when moyes was here but i see the same hunger at least. You witness that. And then you switch back to your club and see iwobi. And it hits home.
If brands doesn't get right back cover in Jan, he should be f.....off. use his wage on a player.

If brands doesn't get right back cover in Jan, he should be f.....off. use his wage on a player.

I dont even know what brands does.
Id like to see Everton go back to the manager controlling who is responsible fully for the players on the pitch. Moyes got that in the main right. Bar the odd poor signing he got players with the right attitude. One of the first things he did at west ham was release players who he knew were frauds.
Iwobi should be released. Forget the money. Having players like this at your club is rotten to the core.

The reason he has been kept around by managers is that he is apparently (players opinions) top notch in training. Unfortunately we don't see it on the pitch. It is in there but will not come out under the pressure of match day. He is a bottler

Reactions: Ger
I dont even know what brands does.
Id like to see Everton go back to the manager controlling who is responsible fully for the players on the pitch. Moyes got that in the main right. Bar the odd poor signing he got players with the right attitude. One of the first things he did at west ham was release players who he knew were frauds.
Iwobi should be released. Forget the money. Having players like this at your club is rotten to the core.
The small problem; he has a contract. So if you want to fire him you will have to pay the full contract. Selling him wont work because nobody will pay him the same money he gets at Everton.

The small problem; he has a contract. So if you want to fire him you will have to pay the full contract. Selling him wont work because nobody will pay him the same money he gets at Everton.

Fully aware mate. The iwobi options has been done on here.
Typing him leaving Everton is my own personal therapy.
He'll be hanging around like a bad smell for a while yet.

Fully aware mate. The iwobi options has been done on here.
Typing him leaving Everton is my own personal therapy.
He'll be hanging around like a bad smell for a while yet.
Unfortunately we seem to have an assembly line of players like this ,and until we stop making the same mistakes it will go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.