Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having caught up with the weekend footy, the players who we have been linked with of late.

Max Aarons - Wow what a drop off this lad has been this season. That £30m valuation is closer to £10m. He looks clueless defensively and against Brentford he plays on their goal plus leaves a man free at the back post.

He has been shifted from a full back to wing back which is a sign Norwich aren't defensive solid however he has found it very tough.

He is very very much a offensive defender, aged only 21 and has plenty of experience already and in the right team with better players, I think he would be a good player but only if the price is correct.

Matt Longstaff - on the sub bench but of late he has tackle stats are up there at the top of the league. New owner and potentially manager could lead to a new deal but still nothing yet. When I see him, I get James McCarthy vibes from him. He is 23 but like Aarons plenty of experience and Benitez knows him well so it seems a good match.

Whether we have to wait until the end of the season or we grab him in January, he seems a sensible signing especially with Delph in his final year plus question marks over Gomes, Davies, Gbamin and no real depth, we could do a lot worse.

Luis Diaz - another 2 goals and unless we spend huge on him now we will miss out and he is utterly ridiculous. Please Everton please.

Iddrisa Baba - 2-2 draw and he looked a bit off the pace and allowed his runner to score but just not tracking back. Perfect Everton signing then. He is a bit under the radar signing but he has pace and strength for a change.

Jonathan Ikone - After scoring the winning mid week v Seville, Lille could only manage a 1-1 draw v Angers which still leaves them 12th which is shocking. Ikone is a regular and has tons of experience so an instant upgrade to our right wing plus with given the financial constraints of Lille, we could potentially get a bargain.

It’s Sean Longstaff and he’s on the bench for a team that is bottom of the league. How on earth is that a good sensible signing?

We really do deserve all the crap we sign.

I thought it was Sean Longstaff we were linked with?

Not that I really know much about either of the brothers!

Aarons has been pretty poor every time I watched him. I would much prefer if we sign Patterson.

My bad! Potato PotATo!

Longstaff is still better and more reliable than Davies, Gomes, Gbamin, Delph.

He would be a squad player and he has potential to become a first team player with Allan getting on.

He isn't the Hollywood name but he is the type player we could do with.

Like Patterson but Rangers are asking for more than £10m for a lad who hasn't played at a competitive. I personally think Ramsay at Aberdeen has far more about him in terms of defensively and offensively but he is only 18 and it's very early days for him but definitely worth a look.

He would be a squad player and he has potential to become a first team player with Allan getting on.

Like Patterson but Rangers are asking for more than £10m for a lad who hasn't played at a competitive. I personally think Ramsay at Aberdeen has far more about him in terms of defensively and offensively but he is only 18 and it's very early days for him but definitely worth a look.

Being better and more reliable than them four isn't a glowing reference.

We seen against Wolves how they absolutely bossed the midfield with Moutinho and Neves - two players with real quality on the ball. We don't have anyone like that, i'd much rather we get someone in with a bit of creativity rather than a bit more of nothing with Longstaff.

My bad! Potato PotATo!

Patterson has been playing for Scotland, I think he's the better option

Being better and more reliable than them four isn't a glowing reference.

We seen against Wolves how they absolutely bossed the midfield with Moutinho and Neves - two players with real quality on the ball. We don't have anyone like that, i'd much rather we get someone in with a bit of creativity rather than a bit more of nothing with Longstaff.

Exactly. Signing him would just signal that Newcastle are moving in one direction and we are moving in the other.

I watch a lot of Newcastle and I really liked him for about ten games but he’s long since shown that there isn’t much to his game. He’s slow, can’t travel with the ball and is a passenger way too often.

Don't think Marcel writes anything down tbf
You reckon?
writing-golf-handicap-picture-id146811596

Patterson has been playing for Scotland, I think he's the better option
Respectfully disagree. Patterson only plays against teams Scotland theoretically can attack, against the big boys they tend to go for O’Donnell from Motherwell. He also barely starts for Rangers. Ramsay is under 20, he will be starting right back (unless there’s some huge Old Firm bias) before he’s 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.