2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again football isn't won on paper you keep repeating the same nonsense.

Brighton aside our two best performances have been Utd and Spurs - we should have taken the 3 points from both and have been done by VAR twice.

Thats Everton - we lose at home to Sheff Utd then beat Leicester away from home.
What?

That wasn't great today at all but we did put a shift in. It was better than last week but I wouldn't say it was particularly good. Both teams lacked quality all over the pitch today.

They're better than us, full stop, and would have done so anyways. Not saying we're in a good place, and should keep our fella, but they would have anyhow. And that has no bearing on today, where we were slightly the better side. Rafael did nothing wrong today.
He did nothing wrong, but they are desperately searching for something, which says a lot about them, Spurs not grabbing a goal gas left them a bit stumped.

People start panicking that we will go down at this stage of every season, no matter how we are doing. Yet we are never anywhere remotely near relegation come Easter time.

I think its a lot of hysteria and dont understand why people go on like we are always doomed.

And its a fact that you usually need far less than 40 points. Sometimes its more like 33.

Ha ha your obviously not an Evertonian of the 90s.

Im concerned this year, I think we’re on a bit of a knife edge and much depends on injury/fitness/availability. I think we’re a couple of bad long term injuries from getting sucked into trouble to be honest, that and the club being broken from top to bottom, again some of us no stranger to relegation fights can see the warning signs in the club administration that have been indictitive in the past.

Not sure the more expierenced soldiers are panicked, many of us have lived through being a half of football away from relegation, or 90 mins onthe last day, needing results to go the our way. It doesn’t make a risk this season any less, a club always gets sucked in to trouble and we’re as model as anyone else in the league.

But my expectation and goal this season is 40 points, the sooner we get there the better. 25 to go.

Ha ha your obviously not an Evertonian of the 90s.

Im concerned this year, I think we’re on a bit of a knife edge and much depends on fitness. I think we’re a couple of bad long term injuries from getting sucked into trouble to be honest, that and the club being broken from top to bottom, again some of us no stranger to relegation fights can see the warning signs in the club administration Zthat have been indictitive in the past.

Not sure the more expierenced soldiers are panicked, many of us have lived through being a half of football away from relegation, or 90mins in the last day, needing results to go the other way. It doesn’t make a risk any less, a club always get sucked in to trouble and we’re as model as anyone else in the league.

But my expectation and goal this season is 40 points, the sooner we get there the better. 25 to go.
We'll agree to disagree.

I was born in 93. I dont remember some of the really bad times but I dont think the current situation is at all comparable

I think any relegation talk at the minute is total hysteria and only serves to let the club off the hook by reducing expectations. We should be expecting far better than 40 points. This same squad got 59 last year. 40 would be a pathetic result.

That was the worst I have seen Spurs play against us in years.

Usually Kane and Son run the show against us but Kane didn't look arsed all day and Son was crap.
That Spurs attack looked like a team that had a good run a couple years ago, decided they were basically all set at the attacking positions, let key players leave (or saw their abilities wither) while replacing them with either mediocrity or nothing over multiple years, resulting in their manager being sacked after being the only team other than Norwich to have single digit goals after 10 games, then had had only a couple training sessions with their new manager.
Which of course is exactly what they were.

All our key players played the majority of the first 10 games.

Every squad is missing players so really poor comparison without putting it in to context, which you didn't do.

I was showing we had players out last season, we have them out this season. People pretend we never had any key player missing for some reason. In the first 10 games Richy missed 3, we had no actual right-back for 4 games, Digne missed some, Rodriguez was out, we had zero back up striker not even a Rondon.

Spurs didn't sign a single player in the summer before Pochettino's last season and they still sacked him after a poor run.
There's me thinking Poch signed near 25 players for Spurs, 20 before that summer, and had 5 trophyless years at the club before he was sacked
Brilliant comparison though

Do you think he's gonna win 1 of the next 2?

We are headed to 1 win in 10.

Good luck to you all defending that.
Moyes last season had a 1 in 9 and 2 in 11 and he was given a standing ovation at the end of the season. I am not just picking on Moyes but our recent history is littered with these kind of runs and sometimes with fully fit squads

Status
Not open for further replies.