Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another point between us and the relegation zone. Sorry but when you’ve got players like Keane Holgate Davies Coleman in your line up that’s how you have to think at times, get safe first, get to the end t transfer window and get rid of these utter clowns.

Nothing wrong with Holgates challenge for me. It's just one of those things. Richarlison did worse earlier in the game when he left his foot in on Romero (probably was him).

Either way the lack of consistency is shocking. Either they are all fouls or none of them are. The level of punishment deals with the severity of the challenge.
But Richarlison DIDN'T leave his foot in, he shoulder barged Romero and Romero tried to make out that he'd kicked him. Have another look.

A more balanced performance and decent effort why bcs Gordon and richi played instead of the other 2
When richi is upfront the spurs defenders didn’t push a high line which they would have done if Rondon plays
Few decent performances I thought seamus Delph godfey Gordon Allan richi but my motm was Keane he put a strong tackle in right from the start and looked decent throughout when after the stick he’s had he could have folded
Gordon looked like a footballer on the right in contrast to iwobi.
Not as apprehensive for the derby or Man City now as long as our injuries don’t stack up
UTFT

After replays, didn't look a pen. Can't argue with the red card but there was a definite movement of the head against Richy which is exactly what Richy himself was sent off for against Bournemouth. How Richy ended up getting booked for that, I don't know. How Delph got booked for a perfect tackle, I don't know. How Reguilon didn't get a second yellow, I don't know. Shocking refereeing! I'd have bit your hand off for a point before the game so there is that. Also, the fans were great! Right up for it!

really need to see a decent highlight of the pen, watching a stream on an IPad and I’m still yet to clearly see that Loris touched it.

From what I could make out he does touch it, but Richarlison touched it on first and was tripped by Lloris.

The current rule states that it doesn't matter if you get anything on the ball if you go through the player first which Lloris did.

Shocking overturn from the ref.

On the plus side we didnt get beat, but it is only 1 point and keeps us in the bottom half. Next games are:-

Man City a
Brentford a
Liverpool h
Arsenal h
Palace a
Chelsea a
Leicester h

Don`t think we are getting much from them TBH unless we can get everyone back then we got Burnley a and Newcastle h before the window even opens.

Even if we can pick up 2 or 3 wins we will get to January with 6/7 wins in 20 games and approx 24 points, that is near on relegation form. Need some real money spent in January, oh wait......

We really need to start driving a media agenda against certain referees, make it abundantly clear that Kavanaugh Moss Atkinson Probert Mason and Oliver aren’t welcome at Goodison due to their overt kopite bias and dreadful standard of refereeing they’ve displayed.
To be fair Kavanaugh originally gave the pen.

He really shouldn't have blown up though. Worry about it being a pen once the play has stopped.

Must be a clear and obvious error to overturn the infield decision. That wasn’t. That was Moss looking for a way out of us getting a penalty and Kavanaugh only too willing to take the opportunity.
If Kavanaugh was too willing to take the opportunity to not give the penalty then why did he give it in the first place, you're too deep down the rabbit hole lad. ?

There is still one major positive from today's game we didn't see the world's biggest fraud Iwobi. Wait did he come on I can never tell anyway as he's pure crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.