2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you feel if we had brought in Alex Ferguson, Marcelo Lippi, Fabio Capello, Giovannia Trappatoni or Arrigo Sacchi?

All world class managers in their time.

"Yeah but forget the defensive shambles, forget the appalling football on show, forget the abject drop off in performances of the players, forget the dire substitutions...

....they were world class a million and two years ago"

Would that be your view, in line with the Benitez praise for showing the above total ineptitude since hes been appointed.

Theres two positives, signing Gray and tweaking Doucoure.

Theres at least 10 negatives, some of which have been critical errors

If the owners deem them worthy of a go then I'll back them mate until they've had enough time and resources to show they aint good enough.

10 games and £1.7 million isn't enough to judge on no matter how you try and spin it.

“not a good time to play them”

this is they’re second game in 3 days

we’ve had a week off. still expect a bumming but even your own manager throwing in the towel
Evening Matty, I don't see it that way (throwing in the towel) think he is trying to lower expectations or take some of the pressure off the players.

Our lot fold like cheap suitcases at the first moment the going gets tough, think Benitez has clocked them for what they are. Still think we're getting shelled though.

How would you feel if we had brought in Alex Ferguson, Marcelo Lippi, Fabio Capello, Giovannia Trappatoni or Arrigo Sacchi?

All world class managers in their time.

"Yeah but forget the defensive shambles, forget the appalling football on show, forget the abject drop off in performances of the players, forget the dire substitutions...

....they were world class a million and two years ago"

Would that be your view, in line with the Benitez praise for showing the above total ineptitude since hes been appointed.

Theres two positives, signing Gray and tweaking Doucoure.

Theres at least 10 negatives, some of which have been critical errors
I remember when we signed Gray for two bob, you were furious. You said he was an absolute donkey. Does that not give you pause for thought on your other pronouncements?

If the owners deem them worthy of a go then I'll back them mate until they've had enough time and resources to show they aint good enough.

10 games and £1.7 million isn't enough to judge on no matter how you try and spin it.

He hasnt spent £1.7million.

Its been pointed out many times. He could also have sold players.

Neither of which has any relevance to what weve seen using the players we do have on the pitch.

I remember when we signed Gray for two bob, you were furious. You said he was an absolute donkey. Does that not give you pause for thought on your other pronouncements?

Ive admitted that i was amazed how hes done and given him full credit. The post ive quoted even praises the manager for signing him lol

As I and others have stated, he did the exact same at Leverkusen before tailing off. He's currently showing the same for us.

Hopefully he gets back to his early season form.

None of which has anything to do with the points 99% of the forum have raised.

There seems to be a highly vocal minority consisting of you, @ForeverBlue92 and probably half a dozen others who want to mollycoddle someone youve never met.

Its ok to state that Benitez has done 2 things right, 10+ things wrong you know.

Theres still time for you to see whats in front of your eyes.

Its been pointed out many times. He could also have sold players.

Neither of which has any relevance to what weve seen using the players we do have on the pitch.

Ive admitted that i was amazed how hes done and given him full credit. The post ive quoted even praises the manager for signing him lol

As I and others have stated, he did the exact same at Leverkusen before tailing off. He's currently showing the same for us.

There seems to be a highly vocal minority consisting of you, @ForeverBlue92 and probably half a dozen others who want to mollycoddle someone youve never met.

Its ok to state that Benitez has done 2 things right, 10+ things wrong you know.

I note that you have admitted your folly, which is of course commendable. I am not sure though that you are truly 'sorry' for your knee jerk assessments, if anything they are coming as thick and fast as ever. In such a vein I see much suffering ahead, as you pronounce, withdraw, and repeat the cycle.

Its been pointed out many times.
He could also have sold players.

unbelievable lol lol lol

Dose Rondon Wages!!!! lol

unbelievable lol lol lol

Dose Rondon Wages!!!! lol

Benitez has signed;

Rondon
Gray
Lonergan
Townsend
Begovic

Thats not £1.7mil total.

Probably £15mil a year wages + sign on + agent fees + £1.7mil.

Call it £20mil total.

Instead of that he could have sold one or two players and brought in the quality he wanted.

Again, the players on the pitch are what counts and hes not shown an ability, aside from Doucoure...to coach them.

Benitez has signed;

Rondon
Gray
Lonergan
Townsend
Begovic

Thats not £1.7mil total.

Probably £15mil a year wages + sign on + agent fees + £1.7mil.

Call it £20mil total.

Instead of that he could have sold one or two players and brought in the quality he wanted.

Again, the players on the pitch are what counts and hes not shown an ability, aside from Doucoure...to coach them.

Its funny how you've only counted wages, sign on fees etc. For Benitez. I didnt see this forensic accounting under previous managers :coffee:

You do realise you then have to do the same for the other 19 clubs right?
Which would mean Benitez/Everton still spent the 20th lowest in the division this summer!!

Its funny how you've only counted wages, sign on fees etc. For Benitez. I didnt see this forensic accounting under previous managers :coffee:

You do realise you then have to do the same for the other 19 clubs right?
Which would mean Benitez/Everton still spent the 20th lowest in the division this summer!!

Yes and Messi, Donnarumma, Ramos, Wijnaldum and Mendes meant PSG didnt spend money on them at all as well.

Thats your excuse for Benitez' inability to coach our players....

How peculiar.

Doesnt erase the fact he didnt sell players to generate funds like most other clubs do...

…he was doing fantastic after spending only £1.7m and now things are bad because he’s only spent £1.7m.

Yes and Messi, Donnarumma, Ramos, Wijnaldum and Mendes meant PSG didnt spend money on them at all as well.

Thats your excuse for Benitez' inability to coach our players....

How peculiar.

Doesnt erase the fact he didnt sell players to generate funds like most other clubs do...

Thats fine include wages - he still spent the 20th lowest amount in the league and the least amount of any Everton manager since Moyes no matter what measurement you use mate.

So we are blaming Benitez for not doing Brands job now are we?

What next? has he been making the tea and coffee too cold at FF? lol

It is unbelievable. Spends next to nothing, so they start adding up wages to prove that he's spent money. Never have I seen anything like that before. Funny.

These are largely intelligent grown men making themselves look like buffoons - tieing themselves in knots to try make out this manager is the worst in our history.

Its just tragic at this stage.

…he was doing fantastic after spending only £1.7m and now things are bad because he’s only spent £1.7m.

I don't buy into any of that, he did well because he got results, then by the 4th game we lost both our forwards. Funnily enough we've lost games as results and therefore confidence ebb away. If he had the full team and results and performances were progressively getting worse then I would probably start getting on his case. He needs a 10 game period where we have near enough a full team and if not at least the spine is there to see what we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.