2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2x things really

1. Doucoure is by far our most important player - I said in the summer he's our best player when people were claiming Rodriguez was. 1 win in 8 without him last season and 0 wins in 2 without him this one tells its own story. We simply cant cope without his legs/presence in there.

2. You are comparing apples and oranges - Wolves last season were down and out under Nuno who was on the verge of the sack. The Wolves of this season under the new bloke look much better - they also had Jimenez up top and Hwang, Trincao etc who are all a hand full who weren't there last season.
I must be imagining this, but we did in fact win games before we signed Doucoure didn't we?

Or did we only start winning them when he rocked up?

People can defend him all they like but any manager at most clubs with 1 win in 7 to mainly bottom half sides and an early cup exit to a lower league side would be under pressure and rightly so. It is how it is in football.

He chose to make Rondon his back up striker and on a 2 year deal no less, massive waste of money on wages and it is a shocking decision.

Based off of what we have seen so far from Benitez can I ask what you see in his favour?

There isn't much worth pointing to at all right now imo.
I simply don't trust our board to get in anyone better. Better the enemy that you know. I also think if we get some players back we will play a lot better. I also don't think our club is set up like Chelsea is where you can just sack managers everytime there is a bad run of form. And lastly, I've seen this same group of players fail under each manager we've appointed, a lot of them are spineless rats. The manager isn't doing well but we are letting these stains on the club hide behind yet another manager instead of having any accountability.

Rondon is his man. His favoured striker that he takes everywhere. If he now doesn't trust him, what does that say about his management?

He also had Gordon, who has been one of our more effective players. He had delph and davies who have played hundreds of games between them. Kenny is our back up rb.

He had a better bench than some of Carlos last season.
Ok I put this to you.

If benitez had transfer fund available , would he have signed rondon?

2x things really

1. Doucoure is by far our most important player - I said in the summer he's our best player when people were claiming Rodriguez was. 1 win in 8 without him last season and 0 wins in 2 without him this one tells its own story. We simply cant cope without his legs/presence in there.

2. You are comparing apples and oranges - Wolves last season were down and out under Nuno who was on the verge of the sack. The Wolves of this season under the new bloke look much better - they also had Jimenez up top and Hwang, Trincao etc who are all a hand full who weren't there last season.

You really do have an excuse for everything don’t you ?

You’re starting to come across as quite desperate now.

I simply don't trust our board to get in anyone better. Better the enemy that you know. I also think if we get some players back we will play a lot better. I also don't think our club is set up like Chelsea is where you can just sack managers everytime there is a bad run of form. And lastly, I've seen this same group of players fail under each manager we've appointed, a lot of them are spineless rats. The manager isn't doing well but we are letting these stains on the club hide behind yet another manager instead of having any accountability.
Ok, but what has he done that's actually been good? That was the question I was asking. What do you think he would do better than Dunc?

I don't put any credit in the bank for him as the devil we know. We are up the creek right now with 1 win in 7 and I don't think he has it in him to fix it.

If Benitez went the ones calling for his head would want the next incumbent out just as quickly whenever this bang average squad hit some more bad form.

I think better sides than us in the Prem would see a drop off of form should it lose the spine of it's team with it's best centre half, best midfielder and best striker all out at the same like what's happened to us of late.

The manager has made mistakes but it's a bit sad to see some Blues across social media dining out on these last three poor results as it gives them an opportunity to get stuck into Benitez.

Ok, but what has he done that's actually been good? That was the question I was asking. What do you think he would do better than Dunc?

I don't put any credit in the bank for him as the devil we know. We are up the creek right now with 1 win in 7 and I don't think he has it in him to fix it.
He's hardly been in the job for long but he's only two points off how Carlo started last season after ten games, and that's after spending an absolute pittance. I also quite liked the style of play before our key players got injured. He'd made mistakes, I'll give you that but I'm not going to call for the manager's head after just ten games. Were we calling for Carlo's head after ten games and four losses? of course not if you aren't one of those anti-Carlo bedwetters from last season, that would be silly, both of them are successful managers and we should back them over our loser players.

Status
Not open for further replies.