Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think him being the only change and us improving the second half has inevitably meant credit has gone to him.

Not so convinced myself, sure he's 10x better than Gbamin but Wolves definitely dropped their tempo/more contained.

A fit Delph, and one who can actually be arsed - starts in our midfield though.
It's a bit depressing but he is probably the best (by far) midfield player we have. Sob!

Think him being the only change and us improving the second half has inevitably meant credit has gone to him.

Not so convinced myself, sure he's 10x better than Gbamin but Wolves definitely dropped their tempo/more contained.

What it looked like at the match was that i gave confidence for allan and townsend to push up on their two playmakers. Which made wolves usless second half

Hi
I said before the game when the team was announced we would get overrun.

The defence knew it , confidence was shot and we collapsed as a team in the 1st half.

Keep Selling in Jan.
The squad is so thin, not many if any will be sold.
The players always seem to have the upper hand at Everton. The better players move on to bigger clubs, the crap ones have great contracts and can sit on them for years.

Great news everyone.

I have had a massive tickle on the Zimbabwean lottery.

TRILLIONS..jpg

I have given all my bank details to my good friend George in Harhar, and he assures me the winnings will be deposited by Friday.

See you all In Frost's on Sunday, and the champagne's on me!!!

Anybody feel that JPG was thrown to the wolves last night (no pun intended).
FSW hasn’t used him off the bench and then throws him into the starting lineup without kicking a competitive ball since the Huddersfield game.
poor decision in my eyes, he should’ve been used off the bench in previous games or played for the u-23’s to get match fit.

That's exactly been his problem though can he be arsed. After his years of absolute bilge i need more than a half decent performance from him. You're right also we couldn't have been any worse second half so any improvement is not necessarily just down to him wolves taking the foot off and one or two performing slightly better made the second half seem better than it actually was.

FSW hasn’t used him off the bench and then throws him into the starting lineup without kicking a competitive ball since the Huddersfield game.
poor decision in my eyes, he should’ve been used off the bench in previous games or played for the u-23’s to get match fit.

I agree, but it just shows the paucity of our squad.

JPG looked massively off the mark, but as you intimate he did have an excuse.

Great news everyone.

I have had a massive tickle on the Zimbabwean lottery.

View attachment 144665

I have given all my bank details to my good friend George in Harhar, and he assures me the winnings will be deposited by Friday.

See you all In Frost's on Sunday, and the champagne's on me!!!
Congrats....can you buy us a right-back please. And a centre-half.

And two more centre-halves, a left-back or two, 2 combative midfielders, 2 Cesc Fabregas-type ballers, two wingers and several free-scoring centre-forwards.

Hold fire with a keeper as we have 7 in the 18 man squad currently.

I don’t think so

He planned on having allan and another defensive midfielder to start the game and obviously with Doucoure and Gomes being injured he was limited with either Davies, Gbamin or Delph

Given that Davies looked like a headless chicken against Watford and was part of that squad which collapsed in the last 20 mins I can kinda see why he didn’t pick Davies

That leaves him with either Gbamin or Delph who are both sick notes. I think if he had picked Delph he would have been vilified by the fanbase because the fanbase seems to hate him so he thought he would risk it with Gbamin and see how he fared. Unfortunately the risk backfired but on the upside at least Delph had a good game which should mean that he will start the spurs game.

I feel maybe Benitez made the decision to give him a go. Gbamin publicly declare he feels fit as when he first joined.
Also, the other options were Delph and/or Tom Davies. And neither perform well in the past (Tom Davies only plays well as No. 6 alongside Doucoure). So it was probably like "lets give this lad a go and see how he fares", which backfire.

Or maybe, something went on behind the scenes. Logically, Gbamin should be in U-23s to get match fit. Was it pressure from DOF? Was it pressure from fans? or was Gbamin himself did not want to be in U-23? I mean even during Ancelotti-era, Gbamin was never sent to U-23s to get match fit (I think).

Last edited:
We have huge problems in the squad. From the first whistle, too many of them didn't want it. They're not up for a fight and simply don't care. No manager will change that.

It's time to stop having fan favourites and judge each player on their performance. I'm sick of hearing a boo boy do wrong (Iwobi misplaces a pass) and there's murder, everyone screaming at him. Godfrey does that amateur pass back and there was zero criticism around me. Just anger directed at Everton. Same when Gray stunk the place out.

We need to do a Nyarko on the entire team.

Status
Not open for further replies.