2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think there is a nil chance of relegation this season.

you and I know that simply isn’t the case, we’ve lost 3 in a row and won 1 in 7.

you’re refusing to answer a basic question with a yes or no outcome and I want a yes or no.

Absolutely no chance of relegation at this stage so there is your answer.

I mean Spurs have just gone and got Conte like.

That Spurs who have a world class forward, not got an injury list as long as a motorway, not too long ago went to a CL final and who don't have to tip toe around financial restrictions?

I can see why we would be swimming in the same pool. Now get realistic and pick someone who would actually come and try to avoid the people who would leg it to a better club if one appeared a year down the line.

One thing I'll always say about a manager getting it wrong to start but then correcting it as the game goes on is that sometimes the correction overrides the original mistake and the manager ends in credit once the game is over

It's the same when it's the other way around too

It never seems to play out that way when it comes to post-match discussion though

Football supporters are very quick to bash a manager when he makes a mistake in a game after a good start, but they always seem reticent to give a manager credit when he starts a game badly but then makes changes to correct that

It's a weird trait in all honesty

That Spurs who have a world class forward, not got an injury list as long as a motorway, not too long ago went to a CL final and who don't have to tip toe around financial restrictions?

I can see why we would be swimming in the same pool. Now get realistic and pick someone who would actually come and try to avoid the people who would leg it to a better club if one appeared a year down the line.

We missed 4 players last night. It's not a huge list. It's what lots have to deal with. It's no excuse for that truly dreadful first half performance where there was zero effort.

Mina-Doucoure-DCL that's the spine of our team right there, no team in professional football would win too many games without their best defender, best midfielder and best forward..... This run of form isn't on Benitez it's on Everton that.

We aint getting relegated though - DCL/Doucoure/Mina back and we finish anywhere from 9th-12th.

We do this all the time hence why a new manager would be knackered from the start - soon as they lose a few and we are 10th/11th the bedwetters start claiming we're going down and we panic and chase the manager out.

We're a mid table club 8th-12th is what we do.
Its not bedwetting when we have won 1 in 6(7 QPR) and lost 3 on the bounce and capitulated in one of those games, last night 1st half was abysmal and West Ham was no better.

You can keep using the platitudes to deride his detractors, but the facts are we are a very poor team led by a has been manager who has done nothing in recent Prem history that merits your or anyone else lauding him constantly!

One thing I'll always say about a manager getting it wrong to start but then correcting it as the game goes on is that sometimes the correction overrides the original mistake and the manager ends in credit once the game is over

It's the same when it's the other way around too

Football supporters are very quick to bash a manager when he makes a mistake in a game after a good start, but they always seem reticent to give a manager credit when he starts a game badly but then makes changes to correct that

It's a weird trait in all honesty

Correct.

The game was lost in the first half by the woeful attitude of the players and the awful set up by the manager.

If he doesn't ditch this nonsense for set pieces then we will concede every game. If the board could please wake up and end this failed experiment then it will save a lot of misery for us down the line. This team are an utter joke.

I agree the third man helped us but at the same time I think Wolves pulled back a bit which helped us get a foothold of the game.

Its still early days and new managers will always make teething problems getting used to a new squad I think its naive from fans to expect him or anyone to get it 100% right from the off.

I still maintain if Godfrey and Holgate had a brain between them that game finishes 1-1 and its not a disaster in the circumstances.

I wouldn't bet my house against Everton winning Spurs on Sunday as its what these gutless players do - be humiliated for 6-7 games then decide to turn up.

Its the same story every season - did it against Chelsea under Dunc when Silva was sacked. Did it against WHU under Unsworth after losing about 8 on the bounce.

Fans are angry but there is no quick fix - give Benitez his 2 year contract, let him gut the squad, hope the finances/wage bill improve by then see where we are at that point - if we've improved give Benitez his 3rd year extension if not shake hands and look elswhere.

One things for sure we aint attracting any decent manager with £1.7m to spend neither are we convincing a project type manager like Potter or Ten Hag to come when we sack manager after manager within 12-18 months. People dont like the truth but that is the harsh truth.
This is true, it’s going to be grim at least this season, probably next. So you need a manager with a bucket load of respect from the fans to see you through the turgid times. Otherwise the toxicity will rain down and stifle the club. Benitez has no goodwill at all, it was one of the worst managerial appointments I have ever seen considering the context.

Favre, Fonseca, Potter.

I think we have to take the risk they may walk after a year in our position.

Status
Not open for further replies.