• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank
Arteta
Potter
Nuno (would actually suit our limited squad)
Lampard
Mancini (no.1 choice)
Streich
Favre

And a ton of others if I thought about it longer

But its not my job to pick a manager. I'm just stating a simple undeniable fact that Benitez will never be a success here with all the division this has caused and the shambolic way we are set up defensively.

If this is stability then some need to invest in dictionaries!!

I know it’s not your job, was just interested who you thought would be a good replacement.

From that list I could almost guarantee that Arteta, Mancini and Favre would not take the job. Nuno and Lampard would be a huge gamble.

I think Potter would be the stand out candidate but he’d need time to improve things and be allowed a level of control I’m not sure he’d be afforded.

But it's the same squad as last season pretty much, and we were far from relegation fodder then?

Yes, and one of those players needed replacing three years ago. Another one is one of our worst ever signings, probably the worst, and the third is a player this current manager insisted on bringing in and chased all summer, and has insisted on starting and playing in full games even though he's crap.

And none of that makes them any less relegation fodder.

I know it’s not your job, was just interested who you thought would be a good replacement.

From that list I could almost guarantee that Arteta, Mancini and Favre would not take the job. Nuno and Lampard would be a huge gamble.

I think Potter would be the stand out candidate but he’d need time to improve things and be allowed a level of control I’m not sure he’d be afforded.
We need a long term squad builder. They will get time.

Benitez should not get time because he's fundamentally the wrong choice for what we require.

Spurs were decisive and are now trying to correct an error, which appointing Conte would clearly do.

We need to do the same as soon as possible.

It may well be the manager but right now that squad is relegation fodder.
Its littered with bang average players, cowards or untried youngsters.
We have Seamus Coleman, Alex Iwobi and Solomon Rondon starting for us mate.

Adding Gray and Townsend has made us stronger squad wise than last season according to some on here.

There is a process and some light under a different, progressive, long term manager

There is no light here. Just the inevitability of how this ends and the humiliation we have to go through during the process.

Marco Silva was a long progressive manager and was left grey with stress come the end of his tenure in the relegation spots.

Good luck getting a young plucky "progressive" manager to teach this midfield to pass and move, pass and move whilst expecting Keane/Holgate/Godfrey to defend like lions once we lose possession and are sprung on in the counter - oh and 50 yr old Coleman and Digne who struggles to actually defend.

But you're kidding yourself if you believe that in 12 months time under a new manager we wont be having the same conversations as we are having now and the last God knows how many years!

We need to stop sacking managers and address the real problems at the club otherwise its just a never ending cycle of hiring and firing like you see at clubs like Sunderland/Watford.
This appointment is never going to work. The fans will not accept him just like fat Sam. We have a really poor squad and to change that is going take years so these performances and results will continue. A few more defeats like the last two and the fans will be demanding him gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.