Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute dross from top to bottom. Put a tackle in. Iwobi prancing around like an idiot. The thing is we haven't even tested em. If we get the blimin ball down we can still get at these but that midfield is too exposed. Gbamin isn't ready yet so I'll get Davies or Delph in. We need legs to help these lot out. Getting completely outplayed in that midfield.

Another abysmal, abysmal 45mins. At least I have this pic of someone's Halloween outfit from yesterday to cheer me up:

Attachments

• IMG-20211031-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20211031-WA0001.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 103
Not turning up and playing with any fight is inexcusable.

It is, but why would we expect some of them to fight?

The likes of Iwobi, Delph and Tosun know they aren't getting new deals and that the moment other players get fit they'll be lucky to make the bench. Coleman knows he is not going to get dropped however often this happens. At least someone from the youth (Gordon for example) is going to be a bit more likely to do something, to want to take their chance, rather than appear to go through the motions as has happened far too often for the past few years.

If Benitez has sense this 45 minutes has to be the last time some people play for us - yes, the kids might not be ready and yes we don't know if they are good enough but expecting some of this lot to play at their best is never going to happen, you may as well role the dice. Arteta has done that at Arsenal and it has clearly worked.

Thought I'd look back in - seems my prediction of it all ending in tears when FSW got the gig is going to be right. Unfortunately.
Back to Homes under the hammer or whatever is on the gogglebox for me.
Go for Homes Under The Hammer and let us know if Dion Dublin looks like he could be an option up front.

Some shockers out there today, but what that Iwobi brings to any game, I have no clue. Like, who saw him play and thought "Yeah, let's lash 30 odd million quid at him"? I don't think I've ever seen worse, and I've been around a fair while. Man, even the crap we had in the early 90's, at least they'd try. This fella does nothing.

Gbamin, Godfrey and Iwobi have been the worst for me. Watching Gbamin has made me think how desperate we are when I’m wondering if Delph would be any better.

I’ll give Gbamin the benefit of the doubt. He hasn’t played for two years. The other two and Keane have absolutely no excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.