Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like all gutted with yesterday performance and result.
I do think that we fans need to take a look at ourselves Rafael is here like it or not was not the players who chose him,get and stay behind the team.
I did think Richie should have started rather than on bench would have given them more to think about get couple of goals up then rest him.

I've finished watching the highlights on MOTD and with my reflections from being there yesterday, with the alcohol haze departed, and here's my take on it.

Defensively we're lacklustre with an apparent lack of plan or awareness and some players, namely Digne, looking far from where they should be.

There were far too many individual errors and again lacklustre decision making and a total lack of effort: half-heated challenges and movement; no fight.

It was a complete capitulation and was and is testament to the character of some of the players at this squad - when the going gets tough, they give up.

With Rondon up front, we're never going to be a real threat. I'm not going to get carried away by one performance by King, but it epitomised how bad Rondon is.

I've perhaps been more accepting of Benitez that others, yet I simply can't fathom how he stayed on and Gordon came off; this isn't the first time either.

We were simply poor. Maybe if Gordon or Keane had scored their headed oppertunities then we wouldn't be having this conversation, but ifs and buts don't count.

And what has happened to Pickford's distribution?

Like all gutted with yesterday performance and result.
I do think that we fans need to take a look at ourselves Rafael is here like it or not was not the players who chose him,get and stay behind the team.
I did think Richie should have started rather than on bench would have given them more to think about get couple of goals up then rest him.

Getting behind something that will never work is not in the best interests of the club.

This squad and this manager will continue to let us down regularly and people will become more and more disillusioned.

I didn't see one player cover themselves in glory yesterday. But there's a few who put themselves up for particular criticism. Keane was abysmal. He was lazy and his positional play was amateurish. Davies, the lads a trier but not up to this level. Digne has always been overrated and has got worse and the least said about Rondon the better.

I left at 4-2 and I never leave a game early. The last 3 goals were comical, but a bigger concern for me is without Mina Doucoure and Calvert Lewin and to an extent Richarlison is the lack of physical presence from set pieces. I don’t know what happened there the last 10minutes I honestly don’t. The manager has to take some responsibility but I do think he won’t sit on his hands and accept that and players will be up for sale and new brought in if we play any more performance like that between now and Christmas.

I've finished watching the highlights on MOTD and with my reflections from being there yesterday, with the alcohol haze departed, and here's my take on it.

Defensively we're lacklustre with an apparent lack of plan or awareness and some players, namely Digne, looking far from where they should be.

There were far too many individual errors and again lacklustre decision making and a total lack of effort: half-heated challenges and movement; no fight.

It was a complete capitulation and was and is testament to the character of some of the players at this squad - when the going gets tough, they give up.

With Rondon up front, we're never going to be a real threat. I'm not going to get carried away by one performance by King, but it epitomised how bad Rondon is.

I've perhaps been more accepting of Benitez that others, yet I simply can't fathom how he stayed on and Gordon came off; this isn't the first time either.

We were simply poor. Maybe if Gordon or Keane had scored their headed oppertunities then we wouldn't be having this conversation, but ifs and buts don't count.

And what has happened to Pickford's distribution?
We are what we are, anyone who thought at the start of season we were anything other than mid table or lower needs to give their heads a shake.
We have some good players, overall though it's a poor squad....but hey, come what may it's EFC till death. COYB.

Yous looked great early on in the season until Rafael put his stamp on your style and townsends new team streak ended.

Welcome to Rafas footy. Most toon fans hated his style.

I left at 4-2 and I never leave a game early. The last 3 goals were comical, but a bigger concern for me is without Mina Doucoure and Calvert Lewin and to an extent Richarlison is the lack of physical presence from set pieces. I don’t know what happened there the last 10minutes I honestly don’t. The manager has to take some responsibility but I do think he won’t sit on his hands and accept that and players will be up for sale and new brought in if we play any more performance like that between now and Christmas.

There must NEVER be a repeat of that capitulation EVER by a group playing for this club.

Anyone get checked for Covid ? I got stopped by a marshall and was aked if I had a test ,I offered to show the proof on my phone but he just said he didn't need to see it . So what's the point asking ?

Status
Not open for further replies.