2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the manager didn't set us up wrong or make any daft subs that led to the collapse.

Therefore you cant blame him.

I dont get whats so difficult to understand there - is Benitez telling Keane and Godfrey to get bullied by a CF yet to score a goal all season?

Is he telling Digne and Davies to put us under pressure by giving daft set pieces away?

Is he knee capping our 4 best players (DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure & Mina) so he has an excuse to play Rondon, Davies and Gordon?

You blame the manager when they actually make a tactical mistake.

He had nothing to work with today - 1x CM in Gbamin who's played 2 games in over 2 years and isn't fully fit apparently, Dobbin who's still in the academy, Iwobi who's crap and 2x goalies.

How many managers do you want to hire and sack within 18 months before you accept that the problem is by and large the crap players we have.

Im sick of them getting a free pass and I've been guilty of that at times over the years but im done throwing managers under the boss for these mental midget unmotivated dross who cant pass a ball or defend properly.
We capitulated against Villa. We capitulated again today. The manager takes some blame no?

We can’t defend set pieces when we found a system that seemingly worked last year - the manager is to take some blame for that?

What I don’t get is why it’s always black and white when it comes to Benitez - fans either despise him or have a weird love in for him.

Is all if this his fault? No of course not- our problems run much deeper than any manager and will take ages to sort out - if they ever do!!! I can’t believe how bad our squad is and the signing of Rondon hasn’t worked at all.

But when you concede 5 at home to Watford - another two from set pieces and ANOTHER five minute collapse then it’s on him as well. All well and good praising him for a great point at old Trafford but then he needs to be criticised for this horror show as well.

1. We get rinsed by West Ham and concede from a dodgy corner (thanks ref, Everton That) - we learn nothing and get nothing, because we were, well, basically, rubbish (anyone remember 15 minutes that changed our season at Villa Park?)

2. We don't succeed in holding/nay beating a really ordinary Watford side because

a) we don't have any height at corners (injuries - DCL/Mina/Doucoure etc) and just plain bad defending

3. We capitulate because we miss a golden chance at 2-1, we don't play Richo from the start, we don't consolidate by replacing AG with a defensive midfielder but instead choose Iwobu-Muchuse (the senior pro).

4. We have an injury list as long as your arm because Mr Brands is either stupid or doesn't do his job properly. How many Delphs, Tosuns, Gbamins (and who could forget Bolasie, Besic) are we going to sign before we realise we are plain stupid?

5. We have no strength in depth

6. We pick King over Maga. Maga scores two as Fulham win for the first time in the League at Goodison. We pick Rondon over the discarded King instead of, say, a young kid, and King comes back with a hat-trick to record Watford's first win at Goodison

This club is an embarrassment and it makes me weep with despair.

And the manager didn't set us up wrong or make any daft subs that led to the collapse.

Therefore you cant blame him.

I dont get whats so difficult to understand there - is Benitez telling Keane and Godfrey to get bullied by a CF yet to score a goal all season?

Is he telling Digne and Davies to put us under pressure by giving daft set pieces away?

Is he knee capping our 4 best players (DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure & Mina) so he has an excuse to play Rondon, Davies and Gordon?

You blame the manager when they actually make a tactical mistake.

He had nothing to work with today - 1x CM in Gbamin who's played 2 games in over 2 years and isn't fully fit apparently, Dobbin who's still in the academy, Iwobi who's crap and 2x goalies.

How many managers do you want to hire and sack within 18 months before you accept that the problem is by and large the crap players we have?

Im sick of them getting a free pass and I've been guilty of that at times over the years but im done throwing managers under the boss for these mental midget unmotivated dross of ours who cant pass a ball or defend properly.
He tells them to mark zonally. That needs to stop, they are not capable of it.

I mean you can blame him for today and not want him sacked or anything mad too. Everything is so black and white these days.

They are clueless mate absolutely loving whenever we lose a game so they can throw mud at the manager - they were doing it when we were winning so you knew it was always going to happen.

I hope they sack Benitez tomorrow and appoint Howe on the cheap - give the clowns something to really whinge about seeing Michael Keane trying to defend in a high line.
Only one clueless clown lad and you're it

I wasn’t a huge fan of the appointment of R.A.F.A., but obviously as a blue I’ve always been behind him. A couple of weeks ago I bumped into him in Barnston taking a walk with his lovely wife. We spoke for three or four minutes, during which time we discussed his and his wife’s philanthropy and their love of Merseyside. Using my pigeon Spanish I welcomed him to the blue half of Merseyside. I also got his autograph for my grandson. I didn’t have my phone on me so I couldn’t get a selfie. It was literally the only time I have left the house in the last 20 years without my mobile phone - typical! So I have now warmed to him a great deal.

I think that R.A.F.A. is slowly winning over a lot of other blues, too. Yes, we’re currently in no better a position than we were under the great Carlo Ancelotti at this stage last season, but R.A.F.A. has had a truly extraordinary injury list to contend with and he spent less than any other manager in the summer.

He has taken a professional approach and is intent on improving us in every department. It might only reap dividends in the long-term, but we will see the benefit at some point in terms of on-the-field success. He is also ambitious. As he said: eighth spot is not good enough for Everton Football Club. Sadly last year we couldn’t even manage that, under the stewardship of the most decorated manager in history.
I’m sorry but if we can’t win against average opposition at home, with all the fans behind us, then we’re in trouble.

I didn’t go to the match today but teams that lose at home tend to go down.

I know that we’ve missed the likes of Doucoure and DCL something chronic and if the RS had had all these injuries they’d also be struggling, but to lose to Watford AT HOME is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.