Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea what it’s likes in the actual stadium but from watching on TV it sounds like it has done for the last decade or so… a library. Genuinely think we may have the most consistently vibeless atmosphere in the league, not having a go at the fans as I’d be no better watching this team.

The sooner we get out of Goodison the better, the stadium has turned into a proper doom/mystery pit and it seems like every single match commentators bring up how bad the atmosphere is.
erm...give them something worth cheering, just a thought, probably way off target, we should be a wall of noise until the final whistle...its all our fault that Iwobi swings at fresh air, all down to the fans.

I hope other blues dont ever question Declan Rice again, an absolute rolls royce of a footballer, he does everthing

We lost the game in midfield.
Wasn't too impressed when he first started but he's come on a heap, looked a decent player...we helped with our Watford impression though.

Everybody had an off day, from Benitez down.

erm...give them something worth cheering, just a thought, probably way off target, we should be a wall of noise until the final whistle...its all our fault that Iwobi swings at fresh air, all down to the fans.
I go to the match excited and up for it I want to stand and shout and sing and cheer for the 90 minutes but the reality is that unless the team gets our blood up with a few tasty tackles a few full throated runs at the opposition a couple of goals then in all honesty it is hard to.
On Sunday we the crowd just sank into an oh no not again stupor
Bet if we would have played the MU game at goodison the crowd would have been well up for it ! Our away support at OT was magnificent
EFC has the best supporters no back answers

Regards the crowd, I think like most of us after our recent performances, they were stunned by the total no-show, lack of pressing and involvement we showed in the first half hour. Even goers like Doucoure and Allan were being by-passed with only the meekest of challenge. The fact that RB didnt change personnel at half time - as he has done to great effect - didnt help. When the players get stuck in, theres nothing like being at Goodison. Unfortunately, the apathy on the pitch spread to the crowd from the off yesterday.

Take the best centre half, and two best attackers out of any side in the league and they’d struggle to be fair. Rondon largely useless, although think Richarlison would have played up front when DCL injured normally.
Same problems about strength in depth too.
Still need a centre mid who is comfortable on the ball, we look lost when we have to keep possession, although Rice won’t play against anyone as bad at pressing as Rondon and Iwobi.

No idea what it’s likes in the actual stadium but from watching on TV it sounds like it has done for the last decade or so… a library. Genuinely think we may have the most consistently vibeless atmosphere in the league, not having a go at the fans as I’d be no better watching this team.

The sooner we get out of Goodison the better, the stadium has turned into a proper doom/mystery pit and it seems like every single match commentators bring up how bad the atmosphere is.
It was very poor, my lad who goes much more than I do these days, says its same each game, was my first game this season yesterday and it was pitiful the level of noise, the hammers fans were in good voice,

to be fair in the first few minutes we set the tone as a team and that set the crowd tone.

Didn't have to lose this one, I don't think West Ham were that great even though they were better, we were shocking.

We didn't create any good chances, mostly because we were wasteful, there are guys who want to take a shot when its not even really on that waste people in good positions. For example coleman boots it into the stands, when he could have squared it for Gray.

We didn't do anything about Rice and Soucek all day. Allan and Doucoure were good as well, but they ended up doing more defensive work than they needed.

We also lost with the same headed goal against Villa as well.

I think we'll end up 10th when its all said and done, we've beaten no one at the moment and we should be beating west ham, villa and leeds if we're legit.
This is right when you talk about being wasteful. Mostly we lost this because of sloppy play. Not smart enough.

ie.
- Iwobis glaring miss

- Coleman shooting into row z instead of squaring to unmarked gray

- Pickfords half hearted jump

- coleman twice showing too much in last 10 minutes and needlessly losing ball

Just take 1 of these chances/avoid careless error and different story. Yes we were outplayed largely, but could have nicked something still with better decisions.

This is right when you talk about being wasteful. Mostly we lost this because of sloppy play. Not smart enough.

ie.
- Iwobis glaring miss

- Coleman shooting into row z instead of squaring to unmarked gray

- Pickfords half hearted jump

- coleman twice showing too much in last 10 minutes and needlessly losing ball

Just take 1 of these chances/avoid careless error and different story. Yes we were outplayed largely, but could have nicked something still with better decisions.
We got exactly what we deserved, anything other than a defeat would have been a travesty.

It wasn't just the swiped miskick for Iwobi he really was bad in the first half giving the ball away needlessly numerous times as we looked like starting breaks. I suppose he has Rondon in front of him so what is the point. We were second best all afternoon. a draw would have been unlucky for WHam

It wasn't just the swiped miskick for Iwobi he really was bad in the first half giving the ball away needlessly numerous times as we looked like starting breaks. I suppose he has Rondon in front of him so what is the point. We were second best all afternoon. a draw would have been unlucky for WHam

And Benitez talks of the corner which should not have been given which led to their goal.

That is all he talks of , not his crap selection or tactics.

Last edited:
Off day all round, for both teams. 0-0 would have been what that game deserved, was a hard watch.

Iwobi was dreadddful my god

Declan Rice impressed, bossed the game didn't he. Been clearly better with Noble out of the side, which says a lot. Bit jealous tbf

I think the fact Doucs and Allan had off days was just as influential on performances as missing Richie and Dom in my opinion.

Off day all round, for both teams. 0-0 would have been what that game deserved, was a hard watch.

Iwobi was dreadddful my god

Declan Rice impressed, bossed the game didn't he. Been clearly better with Noble out of the side, which says a lot. Bit jealous tbf
West Ham were poor, but, much better than us. They came for a draw or a one set piece goal win and they achieved it. Moyes played us like a piano.

Status
Not open for further replies.