2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondon has been poor mate anyone with eyes can see that... however what annoys me is comments like

"What was Benitez thinking signing him?"

Well he didn't have many options when told "sorry Benny lad you have £1.7m to sign 5 players this summer"

And another pearl

"Why is Rondon still getting on the pitch wtf Benitez?"

Well our bench has 2 keepers, Tom Davies, Mr Glass and a bunch of kids.

Meanwhile West Ham had Vlasic, Yarmolenko and Lanzini on theirs.

Im all for constructive criticism - Mina for me should have played and I agree in that I would have put Davies on and gone 3 in the middle - but its the constant agenda win, lose or draw thats tedious.

We aint Man City we aint even a Leicester/West Ham and as soon as people realise its not the managers fault the better.
Okay, we all know you get passionate about defending Benitez, but just glad we are all clear no one called for his head.

Bit of a calmer level of discussion needed I feel.

Tbf West Ham aren’t an average side in the context of the prem. Antonio is a top quality striker , soucek and rice are a great midfield combo and they are very solid at the back / moyes has built a classic everton circa 10/11 side there.

Whilst I think our first eleven should be beating them at home - I’d say we are a level below them at the minute imo with squad depth.
We played into their hands. Slow lethargic passive football trying to frustrate them. Not an acceptable game plan at home.

We played into their hands. Slow lethargic passive football trying to frustrate them. Not an acceptable game plan at home.
Yep I agree - we were very timid today and think there was definitely an option of taking Iwobi off much earlier and bringing Davies/Gbamin on to go 4 3 3 and play on the front foot

But but but...... Benny boy only had a budget of £1.7 mil...wot do ya expect.

Maybe not signing a Bus Horse and using some of the failed bids ,£32 mil Diaz , £20mil Correa & £8 mil Patterson money to sign a half decent forward that isnt goosed after 10 minutes.

£ 1.7 mil budget my ass.
You're the only one still peddling this story mate.
If it was true, I would agree. But it isn't

Yes they are average. We were below average today though. Awful negative tactics and couldn't even defend set pieces properly. Disorganised football from a so called top coach.

And that's the problem - if you genuinely think West Ham are average you have an over inflated opinion of how good EFC currently are.

8th, 8th, 12th, 10th.

If finishing 6th is average then what are we?

Benitez may not be as aware that we are - but the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect different results. Like picking Iwobi. He's useless. As are most of the others to be fair - but Benitez needs at least one window to clear this dross. We have 2 huge rebuilding projects on our plate - but so far I'd trust Benitez to get it right on the pitch. Sell them all except for a handful.

And that's the problem - if you genuinely think West Ham are average you have an over inflated opinion of how good EFC currently are.

8th, 8th, 12th, 10th.

If finishing 6th is average then what are we?
I think we are average and they are average. If you think either of us are good sides then I think you are massively inflating the quality of the teams. We didnt have to be particularly good today to get a result and we still failed.

I think we are average and they are average. If you think either of us are good sides then I think you are massively inflating the quality of the teams. We didnt have to be particularly good today to get a result and we still failed.
Given the choice of both teams then you pick 80% of their players over ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.