Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd; Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree (only a bit)
Coming out of the international break, you lose all form and match rythm... Individual mistakes in defence might resurface and offensive chemistry might be lacking...
And with some key players missing...

Might a game like the Burnley match.
Yeh, a good display and a win would certainly raise eyebrows though. A drab loss and people (non-blues) would not be surprised I think.
No idea about the draw lol

Small margins these days so any edge has to be taken. Keeping the squad availability and team/ formation close to your chest is good management unlike Carlo who would tell opposing managers days b4 the game and ask his players if they felt like playing. Looking back on Carlos tenure he was a very :relaxed:type of manager.

Not a chance we play that formation again off the back off an international break when a lot of the first team won't have been able to work on it in training
They have been working on it and injuries sometimes leave him with no choice.

We'll find out more in the press conference in about 2 hours.

Doubt we will see Rich or Dee See Ell. However with Allan and Doucoure fit we have a midfield to compete with the best, break up play, keep the ball and supply the suppliers. Biggest worry is Big Mikky Keane vs Antonio. Big Yezza vs Antonio on the other hand is a mouthwatering contest and probably the best heavyweight showdown since last Saturday.

Prediction: Everton's Premier League Bastians 1-0 Tools United

Andros Townsend volley from inside his own half, underside of the bar and in.

UTFT

Little touch of Benitez Pre West Ham press conference

Benitez on Newcastle Takeover

I have a very good relationship with the Newcastle fans, the city, everyone & I think it's not for me to talk too much about that. I'm the Everton manager now, I'm focused on that & I wish them the best"

Benitez on possible Newcastle return
I had a lot of friends who were asking me about this but from day one when I was talking with the board here, they didn't need to worry about that. I decided to stay here. I'm really happy... I keep my word & continue working here

Benitez
I'm not thinking about an average season where we say 'we did well but not so well and that's it'. I said so many times, we have owners with ambition, fans with ambition, a new stadium coming... so we have to fight as high as possible

Benitez on David Moyes
I think he's doing a good job and hopefully we can do well & the fans will be happy with Everton Football Club getting three points

Benitez on Team News
Lucas is fine, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin are closer but still not available for this game. Yerry is coming back, has been playing a lot of minutes. Now he is traveling so hopefully he will be here.

Benitez on money
In my life as a manager, I didn't have too much money. In two clubs I maybe had a little bit. You have to be careful. You make mistakes like everyone but you try to spend it wisely... so always I try to be careful

Benitez on Everton's diversity of goal scorers in Richarlison & DCL absences
I think it's important to realise that the team has to score goals, not just one player. If you rely on just one, it's easier for opponents to stop you.

Benitez on Anthony Gordon
I think he has said in an interview that he realises he has to work hard and that is the way. When you have the talent you have the possibility to be a very good player. I'm really pleased with the way he is training & working. Hopefully he can continue like that & be an important player for us

Benitez
What I am thinking is in every training session to try and improve the players who play in every position. In Centre Back we have 5 names, Godfrey can play there, Mason can play there, Branthwaite can play there. Everyone has to be a good level and can do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.