2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will spend some money hopefully it will be spent as badly as ours. However it’s not a mid table team that is being taken over, there is going to be serious investment needed just to make them competitive let alone challenging for honours.
They finished two place below us last year.
We have spent £1.7M this Summer

Strangely enough, and despite my initial misgivings, I believe RB wants to stay here in the medium to long term and see this Club to success. As I posted elsewhere, the derby will be his Rubicon. If we go all out and beat the RS that will answer all doubts.
You would have to imagine the board discussed the need for stability with him before they appointed him. I certainly don’t see him jumping ship although the fans could certainly turn if results nose dive.

The NUFC owners will have someone earmarked if they sack Bruce immediately. It will be a fait accompli I imagine. Don’t see it being Benitez but we’ll find out soon enough no doubt.

They will spend some money hopefully it will be spent as badly as ours. However it’s not a mid table team that is being taken over, there is going to be serious investment needed just to make them competitive let alone challenging for honours.
They probably have leeway to spend given the way Ashley has controlled the purse strings. If they get the recruitment right next summer then they could be another team pushing for Europe next season. Not a fan of the barcodes but I guess anything that makes the league more competitive can’t be a bad thing.

They finished two place below us last year.
We have spent £1.7M this Summer
And they spent 25m on Willock and have gone backwards. Our squad underperformed last year. We really should have finished the top 8 minimum. It’s takes serious investment to crack the top 6 as we know. Their squad is nowhere near ours in quality as their starting point.

If I'm honest with myself Newcastle as a club is a no brainer in attracting major investment. You've got London, the North West, nothing in the Midlands with regards top clubs. The North East is an open goal for the Saudis. I just can't see it though as a destination for footballing superstars. I think their fans would have Satan in charge of their club rather than Ashley. As people have already said though if FFP is administered correctly it'll be a while yet before they can expect to win silverware.
Mind you money talks so don't rule out rules being altered.

If I'm honest with myself Newcastle as a club is a no brainer in attracting major investment. You've got London, the North West, nothing in the Midlands with regards top clubs. The North East is an open goal for the Saudis. I just can't see it though as a destination for footballing superstars. I think their fans would have Satan in charge of their club rather than Ashley. As people have already said though if FFP is administered correctly it'll be a while yet before they can expect to win silverware.
Mind you money talks so don't rule out rules being altered.
Agree it’s a no brainer. Decent support, reasonably large stadium and a one club town. Will get back on topic now lol

Would Rafael go back to Newcastle?

Well he was waiting for the takeover to go through before joining us.

He is treated like a god up there and probably feels there's unfinished business. But then again, he's home here, he's started a project and I think he will want to continue it. It just depends if the Saudis buy his contract out.

Well he was waiting for the takeover to go through before joining us.

He is treated like a god up there and probably feels there's unfinished business. But then again, he's home here, he's started a project and I think he will want to continue it. It just depends if the Saudis buy his contract out.
I think securing benetiz as their manager will be seen as a priority by the new owners, as it will immediately get the supporters onside with them as they idolise him.

I think securing benetiz as their manager will be seen as a priority by the new owners, as it will immediately get the supporters onside with them as they idolise him.
Better dust off the “Welcome Nuno” banners lol

I imagine the new owners will have someone lined up.

Think the record's stuck mate.

Do you think the Skunks will go for him ?
30 pieces of silver is the going rate.

Would they go for him? It was him who got Amanda Staveley on board in the first place, he is her top priority. He's always been their number 1 target.

The question is, would he leave here? He's turned the majority of fans around to supporting him, has said that he's enjoying the club and he lives the owners.

It's a case of Staveley Vs Usmanov/Moshiri

Steve Bruce can't be that bad if he can get them to 12th.
I would have thought the sensible thing from the owners’ perspective would be to keep Bruce until the end of the season and have a new manager in place to take over at the start of the summer.

Media rumours seem to suggest he’ll be sacked though.

It's one of those things isn't it.

You start a new job where you have a good rapport with the owners, the team is playing how you want them to and you've won over the fans.

Do you leave that for an unknown but bags of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.