2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How will this Newcastle takeover affect us as the guy who is taking over is 100 times richer than the Man City owner so basically pushes us further away in the future
Doesn’t mean anything. Newcastle will have their hands tied following FFP regulations, just like we have. The days of clubs like Chelsea and city spending with new owners are long gone.

If they're really 100x richer than CFG PLUS as controversial as this takeover has been I think it could cause some serious change in financial rules.

Last edited:
I’m definitely not a troll mate , absolutely not . If I disagree slightly I’d hope that doesn’t make me one .
Think we are where we should be in league maybe a point less with opening run of fixtures, disappointed with villa result, but no surprise it's a team with firm established footballing identify, and should be warning going forward given some of the fixtures ahead. As for the last match Olle is worst manager they have appointed since Ferguson retired and by some margin. That team on paper should not have lost a match yet, it's an embarrassing waste of riches so far.

And as for us in the cup, for some to say it's game management it's only mickey mouse trophy, is behaviours of them over the park, to be knocked out so early against non premiere team, is pretty damming considering our recent successes

Except they can do a Man City and Newcastle suddenly has a huge influx of sponsorship deals or just ignore the FFP.
I think they will spend decent money in January to avoid the drop but actually believe the project will be very different to the City one. I don’t think they will make Galatico signings but will go for younger high potential from Europe and PL sides outside the top 6 to start with. where I am very jealous is the infrastructure changes they will make. Academy, Training facilities, stadium
Our problem is we are in an arms race we can’t compete in. Over the last few years we should have been focusing on the Academy and and recruitment process. Marketing ourselves as the go to club in the North west catchment area for young talent by showing a pathway to the first team. I stand to be corrected but I would say we are bottom in terms of the quality coming out of the academy out of the big 4 in the north west. This could have given us a way to be semi competitive without being able to go toe to toe in the transfer market.

Turning it back to our manager. His appointment is looking like a smart move as he is an experienced safe pair of hands who can oversee this transition period into the new stadium. Hopefully he can deliver a cup along the way

Think we are where we should be in league maybe a point less with opening run of fixtures, disappointed with villa result, but no surprise it's a team with firm established footballing identify, and should be warning going forward given some of the fixtures ahead. As for the last match Olle is worst manager they have appointed since Ferguson retired and by some margin. That team on paper should not have lost a match yet, it's an embarrassing waste of riches so far.

And as for us in the cup, for some to say it's game management it's only mickey mouse trophy, is behaviours of them over the park, to be knocked out so early against non premiere team, is pretty damming considering our recent successes
You are insane.

My fellow supporters don't try and convince the minority of none believers on this forum that raf is the man, they hold to much hate in their hearts, I don't have the time or energy to hate someone because they managed another football team, imagine your priorities in life if you waste so much energy on something so trivial like that. He's a good man who has not harmed anyone and done alot for charity in the city yet we have nob cheddars on here hanging yellow bed sheets off railings and body shaming, some very toxic heads knocking around and its sad to see.

I suppose how you define 'support'. Now he is our manager I will try and understand his decisions (such as resting players in the cup), I want him to do well but that is not for his gain just for my selfish gain. I see no point in jumping on his back after a loss as that hinders the former statement. Will I be hanging up posters of him, creating a massive flag with his mug to take into Goodison, chanting his name? No. All low key please just like when BFS was in charge.

And if he jumps ship will he be the same rat as Ancelotti?

Strangely enough, and despite my initial misgivings, I believe RB wants to stay here in the medium to long term and see this Club to success. As I posted elsewhere, the derby will be his Rubicon. If we go all out and beat the RS that will answer all doubts.

Think that will be the plan but January is a difficult window. If this takeover does go through would it not be insanely funny if Newcastle got relegated this season lol
also, no one is going to sell cheap to them from now on. That may not be a problem for them straight away but as we know that catches up with you. Also for every action there's a reaction and if they start throwing big money buying players from the best of the rest like we tried too (which they'll more than likely have to do because regardless of money they can't offer Europe or anything to the best players in the world right now) then that money will finance a lot of other clubs rebuilding and improving. Again, as we've learned the hard way, we're improving our squad (or at least we were meant to be) but everyone else was doing the same and doing it better and we still end mid table. Money is great but you still need good management, good recruitment and most importantly these days, time and patience. Unless they throw the rule book out the window suddenly they won't be able to do what City and Chelsea have done and unlike Villa i would argue they don't have a 100m asset in the squad that they can sell to kick start a massive overhaul. Other than ASM they really don't have any assets.
I don't mind Newcastle and their fans deserve better than Ashley (although in Ashley's defence he's never had journo's killed or carried out inhumane atrocities but it appears that doesn't matter - as long as you're not stealing live footie from Richard Keys and his mates you're fine to own a club apparently) but they aren't going to be signing Mpabbe over night and pushing City and the RS for titles - certainly not for a while. And believe me, the sinister 6 who basically call the shots anyway will be doing all they can to keep those financial restrictions that aide them in place.

also, no one is going to sell cheap to them from now on. That may not be a problem for them straight away but as we know that catches up with you. Also for every action there's a reaction and if they start throwing big money buying players from the best of the rest like we tried too (which they'll more than likely have to do because regardless of money they can't offer Europe or anything to the best players in the world right now) then that money will finance a lot of other clubs rebuilding and improving. Again, as we've learned the hard way, we're improving our squad (or at least we were meant to be) but everyone else was doing the same and doing it better and we still end mid table. Money is great but you still need good management, good recruitment and most importantly these days, time and patience. Unless they throw the rule book out the window suddenly they won't be able to do what City and Chelsea have done and unlike Villa i would argue they don't have a 100m asset in the squad that they can sell to kick start a massive overhaul. Other than ASM they really don't have any assets.
I don't mind Newcastle and their fans deserve better than Ashley (although in Ashley's defence he's never had journo's killed or carried out inhumane atrocities but it appears that doesn't matter - as long as you're not stealing live footie from Richard Keys and his mates you're fine to own a club apparently) but they aren't going to be signing Mpabbe over night and pushing City and the RS for titles - certainly not for a while. And believe me, the sinister 6 who basically call the shots anyway will be doing all they can to keep those financial restrictions that aide them in place.
Sure I read somewhere once that Newcastle have real problems attracting 'big' players simply due to their geographical position which is understandable in a way

Status
Not open for further replies.