XG? Love it hate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashtray

Player Valuation: £25m
I like looking at the statistics after the games and see how we coming along in underlying numbers.

Expected Goals scored
Everton 6th place

Screenshot_20211004-150710_Chrome.jpg

And for defensive numbers (very impressive)
Everton sit 2nd in terms of expected goals conceded

Screenshot_20211004-150730_Chrome.jpg

I’m not really bothered.

it all feels very “FIFA” generation to me.

Goals, Shots on Target are your indicator of how well you should have done in a game in an attacking front.

I’m not really bothered.

it all feels very “FIFA” generation to me.

Goals, Shots on Target are your indicator of how well you should have done in a game in an attacking front.
So for example if I see that our opposition had 15 shots at goal but only 2 on target I'd say that's a defensively strong performance as we restricting shots on target. Obviously it's not everything.

But for interest sake, Tottenham were first after 3 games with 3, 1-0 wins but when I looked at the xg tables it showed them as 3rd last for the expected points they should have had meaning they were very lucky and scorelines not accurately showing how poor they were in those games, but then again they had 9 points so it can be wishy washy but could indicate trends that should continue.

So for example if I see that our opposition had 15 shots at goal but only 2 on target I'd say that's a defensively strong performance as we restricting shots on target. Obviously it's not everything.

But for interest sake, Tottenham were first after 3 games with 3, 1-0 wins but when I looked at the xg tables it showed them as 3rd last for the expected points they should have had meaning they were very lucky and scorelines not accurately showing how poor they were in those games, but then again they had 9 points so it can be wishy washy but could indicate trends that should continue.
Do defenses really fully control whether the shot is on target though?

Status
Not open for further replies.