2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it isn't. I'm not even sure it is 50% of the time.

The thing is if he knows Mina is off he should never pass but he doesn't know that. It's not about courage, it's about what is higher percentage and finding Yerry simply is. He's made the right play, Yerry didn't do his job.

…only thing on your mind is where you are going to shoot and getting your contact right. You only look for options when you don’t fancy the situation.

As soon as he passed it forward he’d have suspected Mina was off. I knew straight away, I immediately said ‘wtf is he doing’. I so like the lad but it was very poor from him.

Galaxy brained it though, in hindsight a lot of people are disappointed but i'd like to make the case for Davies, the intelligent footballer. Because he clearly is one of the brighter guys in the squad, and i don't know what he was thinking in the moment but the logic is clearly there: Shoot for a 50% chance to win it or pass for the 100% chance. Unlucky with the offside, I'd take the positive and praise Davies' vision, decision making and team spirit to take the pass here. Sure he should have considered the risk of the offside but in the moment Mina didn't seem it, even the linesman didn't flag it then so you know, hard to blame Tom for trying to play the safe option.

Other than that, tidy, short appearance. Douc and Allan are keeping him out of the team but as Gomes' form goes these days, I'd rather have Tom in midfield right now.

Isnt that just the Everton mentality right there.
Oh we nearly won by 10cms.
Mate. You dont often(or we dont) get glorious chances like that to finish teams at grounds like that.
The good and the bad yesterday
The goal. Brilliant. Thats where we want to be heading. Ruthless. Quick. Postive. Ripped them apart.
The bad. Handed a win on a plate. Blew it and accepting the oh well. We nearly did it.
It might not seem much but that first touch of tom davies yest sums up where this club has been for so long.
Average plodders who just havent got it.
Its nothing personal against davies. He's not alone in what the issue has been. But he's part of it.
I got a little taster yest with our goal of where we can go. We made a statement. We told teams we can hurt you.
And then. Right at the death. That first touch. That dithering.
Despertate to get away from that. Been watching that sh!te for far to long.
I was merely pointing out that you said we bottled pressure games to go top or top 4 and we are top 4; not by bottling it, but by a narrow margin. One player made a bad decision, either Davies or Mina - depending upon one’s particular mindset- but we did not play at all like we bottled it.
I did not say I was happy about the final outcome, more that your post and subsequent response are utter garbage.

Had we done the usual roll over and die, I would agree.

Great point and can see why we are disappointed not to come away with a win, but jesus we cant be sitting on our best start in years after complete pessimism with the manager/players brought in, yet slating players over a very marginal decision they made that they thought had won us the game.
Mina was offside by a foot, in real time, and unless Tom knows exactly how square he is, its near impossible to determine Yerry's off and decide to shoot. Not brilliant by any of them - Yerry shouldve seen it and Tom couldve shot himself, but here we are wanting to 'blame' someone again.

He is a below average Premiership midfielder, and that is being polite to the lad. We need to move him on to somewhere like Fulham. He'd love London would Tom.

He needs moving on for his own sake too.

Is this how he wants to spend the rest of his career, making the odd subs appearance, coming in for a couple of games when a the first choice midfielders is injured and starting against division one teams in the Carabao Cup ?

Surely being a regular starter for a club in the Championship or in the SPL would be more appealing.

we did play well and I would have taken a draw before the game , but … we have just crashed out of the cup to qpr and blown another golden opportunity to win away at one of the big teams. We regularly waste opportunities when presented with them and have for years , am I wrong ?
I agree that we have historically but I don't think that yesterday was another.

Such a ridiculous question to ask.

He's not a forward and he doesn't necessasrily have a forward's instinct to keep onside in a moment of high pressure like that one.

mate he is professional footballer .. a cb … I’m pretty sure he knows the offside rule . He would have plenty of high pressure situations while defending to make offside decisions , I don’t think standing behind the ball is that much of expectation from an international footballer do you?

Great point and can see why we are disappointed not to come away with a win, but jesus we cant be sitting on our best start in years after complete pessimism with the manager/players brought in, yet slating players over a very marginal decision they made that they thought had won us the game.
Mina was offside by a foot, in real time, and unless Tom knows exactly how square he is, its near impossible to determine Yerry's off and decide to shoot. Not brilliant by any of them - Yerry shouldve seen it and Tom couldve shot himself, but here we are wanting to 'blame' someone again.

Pretty much this, guys. Even perennial doom'n'gloomer @davek here is being positive about recent developments for Everton, like. Give that a moments' thought, especially if you compare where we are now to where you expected us to be before the season started.

….I don’t think there’s another player in that team, including Pickford, that would think of anything else but taking that chance on.

20211003_092059.jpg

Yep....its an incredible decision by any level of footballer...look at the space he has to take as many touches as he wants...chances don't come much easier, even the keeper will think its a goal at this moment...

I agree that we have historically but I don't think that yesterday was another.

i would have taken the result before ko but the fact remains that when we are presented with opportunities we blink first or bottle it. We had one player that didn’t back himself enough to shoot , the same player also didn’t have the awareness to see the other was offside , while the other didn’t have the ability to stay onside … while our “ opportunities “ fall to players like that, we will always be the bridesmaid and never the bride

Status
Not open for further replies.