2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or square it to the bloke next to you for a tap in and, if he stays onside, a certain goal.

Would you be confident if Tom shot from there? Against an inform De Gea?

No. I will give you that. But thats why so many are frustrated. Davies shouldnt have been there because he should have been replaced quite a while ago.
I think even your standard prem midfielder wins that for their team.
If tom davies cant handle a 1 on 1 with a keeper to win a game then tom davies shouldnt even be coming off the bench.
Like i said. Not gona knock him but i really get the frustration around him.

I don't think Tom is good enough to be getting games for us, I've believed this for years but abided by the "he's only young, give him time" comments.
He'll never be good enough, fast enough or direct enough for the way this squad is developing.

However, I can't blame him for squaring that ball, it's what you should do if you don't fancy it yourself.

When I watched him passing the ball when he was through on goal it was apparent that he is not good enough to be playing in a team which wants to challenge for trophies. Can you imagine Podga, De Bruyne or any other top class midfielder not backing himself in that position. That moment encapsulated all that was wrong with Everton pre Benitez, a player not backing himself but rather shifting the responsibility on to someone else.
Davies has qualities and can have a good career in football but not with Everton, not if we want to be involved at the top end of the league.

Even as a low wage squad player you have to wonder if he should have a spot on the bench. The question we have to ask is, would any side competitive in europe have him in their match day squad? I don't think so...

No. I will give you that. But thats why so many are frustrated. Davies shouldnt have been there because he should have been replaced quite a while ago.
I think even your standard prem midfielder wins that for their team.
If tom davies cant handle a 1 on 1 with a keeper to win a game then tom davies shouldnt even be coming off the bench.
Like i said. Not gona knock him but i really get the frustration around him.
MOTD tonight there'll be half a dozen one on ones that are squandered,if you can find players that can convert them on a regular basis,we can't afford them.

Even as a low wage squad player you have to wonder if he should have a spot on the bench. The question we have to ask is, would any side competitive in europe have him in their match day squad? I don't think so...
But we aren't competitive in Europe,we are a serial mid table side.

Status
Not open for further replies.