2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This squad is possibly better than last with Gray and Townsend playing more games over a season than Rodriguez.

Whatever was a success and failure for Ancelotti is the same for Benitez.
I love the way you're banking the smart recruitment whilst giving the chap responsible for it no credit at all.

This squad is possibly better than last with Gray and Townsend playing more games over a season than Rodriguez.

Whatever was a success and failure for Ancelotti is the same for Benitez.
Maybe the squad is better. But that is primarily due to the fact that Benitez is quite clear on his system, and knows what types of players he needs for it to work. Had Ancelotti acquired these players, he would not have had any idea how to use them most effectively. Then we would definitely not argue that the squad had gotten better.

Maybe the squad is better. But that is primarily due to the fact that Benitez is quite clear on his system, and knows what types of players he needs for it to work. Had Ancelotti acquired these players, he would not have had any idea how to use them most effectively. Then we would definitely not argue that the squad had gotten better.

We're playing 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 under both managers. The squad is the same bar 2 changes out, 2 in. Should is better regardless of system.

Not factoring in the half billion pumped into the competition.

But a fairer and more realistic shout than some others on here.

The "competition" last season were teams like Leeds, Villa and Arsenal according to the table. We were 14pts ahead of 12th so there down is irrelevant if we have the same squad and a supposed "great" manager.

Leeds haven't strengthened, Villa maybe came out even, Arsenal spent worse than we normally do.

The "competition" last season were teams like Leeds, Villa and Arsenal according to the table. We were 14pts ahead of 12th so there down is irrelevant if we have the same squad and a supposed "great" manager.

Leeds haven't strengthened, Villa maybe came out even, Arsenal spent worse than we normally do.
I wouldn't say our competition are 3 teams. I would say anything outside top 4 to 15th as not too much points separated that.

I think whoever the manager is or would have been has the same problem really and that is getting that squad to perform to a decent level for 38 games. If Benitez does that, I won't comp-lain because sod the manager, I've had a gutful of a few of our players turning it in when they feel like it and not putting the necessary effort in.

When we did it and got a draw at his gaff he said it made us a small team

Is that not painting it as something that deserves scorn?
I thought he said when asked about the game he said something along the lines of 'very defensive, that's what happens when you play the small clubs' something like that. He wasnt' saying we played like a small club, he said we were a small club.

Where does this part fit into my discussions this morning? No one here is talking about recruitment.
you just have. 'we've got a better squad now with Gray and Townsend' etc. You are then using that uplift to then say, ' so he's in the same boat as Carlo'. No. Carlo spent £60m last year as opposed to RB's £1.7m, and had us in relegation form for the last six months. He also pulled off a number of very lucky wins playing the direst football I've ever seen.The football now is much much better, we are a point off top spot, and rather than getting behind him and the team all you're doing is working out ways for him to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.