Match Thread Everton v Norwich City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not really about build up. All games go through periods where nothing happens. Its in those periods that teams can just have the ball, keep the ball and control the tempo. Get the energy back up and go again.
I'm more concerned with the ball breaking to us in midfield where a quick transition can lead to openings and today we're just not going at them. That is where we've been decent all year. Sure we'll have periods of passing but when we get those high turnovers we can't pop it back to Mina or Keane under no pressure as Doucoure has done multiple times.

again mate, tempting fate
Sorry mate. Prime Messi would struggle to get into this FANTASTIC Norwich side. The mighty blues have rode their luck at times but have done really WELL to be 1-0 at the break. Looking forward to a REAL battle of MAGNIFICENT football after the break.

I think given the lack of forwards we are doing OK to be 1-0 up at half time, not a huge number of chances, think Townsend had the best one when we were 1-0 up at the back post, but their keeper made a good save. I hope Simms gets a chance in the 2nd half, Rondon looks like he will need months to get fit.

Benitez will be pretty fuming with that last ten minutes. Really dropped off the intensity. Rondon and the two full backs have been poor. Lucas Digne is playing like final season Baines and Godfrey is just not a right back.

Iwobi to the middle and Gray out on the left, surely?

Rondon needs to do a bit of this
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.