2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did they stick 2 fingers up?

For all we know the choice may have been Benitez or Sam.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that nobody wanted the job once they knew there was no money to spend.
By appointing a fella most of us wanted nothing to do with who went out of his way to belittle the club publicly.

Fairly obvious that.

If you say you want everton to do well but Benitez sacked. I don't need to point out the contradiction there but what do you want more. Everton success or Benitez sacked? If the answer is everton success then you don't want benitez sacked.

It was always going to happen. Just a baffling appointment made by a man who does whatever he wants because we're his little toy.

And we finally arrive at the crux of the matter. You’re not allowed to direct your anger at the man/men who actually made this happen and caused this chaos though. He’s the perfect human shield for them. Absolute cowboys mate, scum bags that need running out of this club. Oooooh but look at this shiny new stadium lads, look over here, look at the fat kopite, look anywhere but at us. Charlatans and criminals.

Scarily mate it'll be Dunc to save a few more pennies for the stadium.
I dunno mate if he is penny pinching - he didnt spend on players cos he couldnt this summer. He could have gotten a lot of cheaper managers than benitez if he didnt want to put money in that wouldnt have split the fanbase. He does what he does simply because he can.

So you would have been happy with the likes of Sam or worse?

Personally I think we got the best man we could attract.

It wasn’t an either/or with those two

Potter was an option too and would have done a far better job unifying the fan base, especially once he got us cooking like he has with brighton so far this season

The more I think about it the more I think he should have been the pick

So you would have been happy with the likes of Sam or worse?

Personally I think we got the best man we could attract.
No, until Benitez Fat Sam was the Everton manager I despised the most.

It clearly wasn't just a choice between those two so this argument is moot.

I'd say the best man for the job would be someone who could have got us past the mighty QPR championship side who just dumped us out of the cup tbf.

If you say you want everton to do well but Benitez sacked. I don't need to point out the contradiction there but what do you want more. Everton success or Benitez sacked? If the answer is everton success then you don't want benitez sacked.
I want us to be successful in spite of him.

If we aren't and it means this fella gets the boot then that will take the sting out of what has been a horrific period to be an Evertonian.

It wasn’t an either/or with those two

Potter was an option too and would have done a far better job unifying the fan base, especially once he got us cooking like he has with brighton so far this season

The more I think about it the more I think he should have been the pick
How do we know he wasn't approached?
I think he wasn't anyway as we couldn't afford him as has been made clear since.

As Stretford Blue said we were only looking at out of work managers.

No, until Benitez Fat Sam was the Everton manager I despised the most.

It clearly wasn't just a choice between those two so this argument is moot.

I'd say the best man for the job would be someone who could have got us past the mighty QPR championship side who just dumped us out of the cup tbf.
This was only an example of the types of manager we could get but as you have the actual list of who we turned down then could you post it here so we can see how bad Moshiri is.

This was only an example of the types of manager we could get but as you have the actual list of who we turned down then could you post it here so we can see how bad Moshiri is.

Any list that has a kopite who ridiculed our club at the top of it is going to be a bad one but it still doesn't make him the right choice.

I'd have happily had Nuno or Potter instead and we all know the links were there.

Any list that has a kopite who ridiculed our club at the top of it is going to be a bad one but it still doesn't make him the right choice.

I'd have happily had Nuno or Potter instead and we all know the links were there.
Links yes but it was only the press. Nobody had a clue really.

As for the ridiculing us argument this is a perfect example of why fans should never get to be in control of any club.

At the time he got the job I was as unhappy as you but what's transpired since with the not having a pot to pee in I can see why the club appointed him. I want what's best for Everton and if that's him then so be it. Time will tell.

Links yes but it was only the press. Nobody had a clue really.

As for the ridiculing us argument this is a perfect example of why fans should never get to be in control of any club.

At the time he got the job I was as unhappy as you but what's transpired since with the not having a pot to pee in I can see why the club appointed him. I want what's best for Everton and if that's him then so be it. Time will tell.
We all want what's best for us.

Most of us know we are on a hiding to nothing with this kopite in charge.

Theres no question that Benitez is the fall guy for Moshiri. He's the real cancer at the heart of this club. But hes clever and he knows most of the anger will be directed at the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.