2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing... his technique was a joy to watch at times and it was great watching him when he was in form for us, but that was never enough anyway.

Not the first and not the last time I’ll be disappointed at an Everton player leaving, gets easier every time and no player is bigger than the club.

Well done Everton, Just what we needed. Get rid of a player when we have multiple injuries, struggling to field a full strength team, zero depth and struggling to even fill a subs bench, slaughtered 3 - 0 against a team that we should be competitive against, knocked out of a cup already due to being crap and cannot sign anyone decent for over 3 months. Despite all of his negatives and there are plenty of them, even a half assed, half fit playing only half the games James would have made us slightly better for the next 3 months. Don't worry though we have got Do one Ron and Iwobi.

Don't think there is any other club in the premier league that is as badly run as this one.
I agree. But the more I think about this, we desperately needed his wages off the books. That is equally worrying.

I am pretty shocked this is even being reported as an undisclosed fee. Assumed it would always be a free transfer, but presumably it's minimal.
I've been told we've basically done what we did with Bernard and just cut his contract for a few hundred k.

Apparently Al-Rayyan are paying around £6.5m in total. So that would include his wages.

He's the only manager to do that though. And the 3 he brought in were a massive improvement on what Brands brought in before.

What you're saying now is Brands needs to buy for Rafael and not the other way round.
Silva certainly pushed for Richarlison, not that it hasn't worked out, and I have a tough time believing we signed Townsend AND Rondon without Benitez having a bunch of power to push for that.

Anyway, hope he gets a go at the WC next year. Everton will survive but, I'm sorry, there is no way any fan should be happy about this, especially after the dross served up last night.

If you can go and get a replacement in and immediately bolster your squad. Absolutely. I wish the Diaz thing had worked out.

Doing this, now. It sums up how f***** we are.
I think he was a malevolent influence on the squad. Someone in the background capable of saying and doing the wrong things on a regular basis that would lower team morale.

Come on mate, this is not a good career move. This is a dreadful level of football.
Oh absolutely. But the club wanted it, manager wasn't arsed about playing him, and the player clearly didn't just want to train until January.

If the World Cup wasn't there next year, he wouldn't be going though.

Status
Not open for further replies.